• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Plaintiff Lens Replacement Questions

BigRich

I should Work at Oakley
Walnut Creek, CA
I see the vault has a couple iridium repalcement lenses for $30 and I was thinking of replacing the lenses on my Moto GP pair. I have repalced leneses in my other pairs but never in a metal pair and I am wondering if the repalcement is difficult or are there any issues?

Also, the choices of lenses are the ice iridium and the titanium iridium, and the picture of the titanium looks much like chrome, but I was wondering what people think of titanium leses and if they are badass or not.

Thanks!
R

Titanium is a brown lens with a chrome iridium I think. Not a dark iridium, though.

Swapping lenses in a metal frame usually requires removing a screw holding the orbital together.

There is no screw on Plaintiffs.

The lenses just pop out from the back as usual. Here's a link to Walleva lens changing video on YouTube for the Plaintiffs

Neil

You really shouldn't pop out plaintiff lenses like that, take the extra minute to take out the one screw on each orbital.

Got to apologise because I was wrong. I hadn't even noticed the screw on the orbital. I'd always thought it was part of the hinge mechanism.

Definitely loosen that first to relieve the stress on the frame.

Neil

Back