• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Plaintiff Size Question

IUSTEVE

I am Jim Jannard...
INDIANA
I have searched and can not for the life of me find my answer. I am looking for a nice "casual" pair of aviators. I had the original crosshair but the funky earstems put too much pressure on my large cranium so I sold them. I was contemplating the Plaintiff as they are on sale currently but was not sure the size of them, can someone help me out? Or throw some other options at me as well. Unfortunately I do not leave anywhere near an O store or vault.

I would say plaintiffs are definitely taller than the Crosshairs top to bottom and are similar to the crosshair 2012's (not sure about the originals) width-wise but because of the monoshock hinges, the pressure is so much less -- it basically touches the side of your face and then springs back into place because of the titanium monoshock hinges (but no earsocks). The Plaintiff and Plaintiff Squareds do have a decent wrap to them for an aviator frame. I personally prefer the look of the Plaintiff Squareds if they were my every day. If you want something with a little less wrap to them but also big coverage in an aviator style, the Deviations are a decent choice as well. They have a straight stem so there's no weird pressure points and they have earsocks so they have a pretty solid grip on the sides without pinching. They won't put any pressure on your head unless your head is ginormous and has less wrap to them than the plaintiffs but they do look sort of like those old school detectivey looking shades so if you don't really like that look, then they're probably not for you. Hope that helps.

Thanks for the help. I do not like the straight look of the Devs, I prefer somewhat of a wrap style. I am more curious of the width of the plaintiff. I only can fit well the Monster Dog, Pit bull, EP2 and xmetals well. I can wear Fuel Cells but only for short time periods as they get a little tight over time. I am contemplating the Plaintiff or C-wire to try next.

I typically like a wider style as well, i like the plaintiffs, but i do find them slightly narrow. I wear monster dogs, jawbones, two face, split jackets and style switch. I can definitely wear plaintiffs and do like them, but they are a slightly narrow fit. If that helps

Back