• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Plaintiff Squared On Oakley.com

Batwolf

Double Team
Premium Member
Portland, OR
Oakley Plaintiff Squared sunlasses available at the online Oakley store

50ef4985b9a05.jpg

50ef4a7e01480.jpg

50ef4d31156a4.jpg

yeah i saw these online yesterday. i would be keen to see how those chrome/+ve red pair looks like. not that i would get them though.

You wouldnt wear em?

I honestly wanted an IH Plaintiff until I tried them on, they were wretched. I'd give the Squared a chance, but those offerings don't do anything for me. Maybe an IH or signature edition with some better colors or playing with the stem insets.

But I don't see these faring well in what is now a sea of Oakley aviator wires. Warden, Felon, Inmate, Probation, Plaintiff, Plaintiff Squared, Deviation, Crosshair, Crosshair 2, Crosshair '12... not to mention the 4-5 women's aviators they have now.

I know the aviator is pretty timeless, but I felt the Plaintiff was the weakest of their offerings. The least inspired, and with the heavy teardrop shape they looked a little pointy and narrow. I wasn't a big fan of the flat stems either, very un-Oakley, too mainstream.

Once again, if these weren't essentially a "2.0" or a rehash and were left to stand on their own merit they might go over pretty well.

Edit:
Forgot to add- I wore aviators for years in middle school and into high school before I got my first pair of Oakleys. I actually opted for the 'square' aviator shape from AO though, much more masculine, and much more comfortable without being a douche in aviators.

And Don Draper approves
draperaviators.jpg?w=400

I honestly wanted an IH Plaintiff until I tried them on, they were wretched. I'd give the Squared a chance, but those offerings don't do anything for me. Maybe an IH or signature edition with some better colors or playing with the stem insets.

But I don't see these faring well in what is now a sea of Oakley aviator wires. Warden, Felon, Inmate, Probation, Plaintiff, Plaintiff Squared, Deviation, Crosshair, Crosshair 2, Crosshair '12... not to mention the 4-5 women's aviators they have now.

I know the aviator is pretty timeless, but I felt the Plaintiff was the weakest of their offerings. The least inspired, and with the heavy teardrop shape they looked a little pointy and narrow. I wasn't a big fan of the flat stems either, very un-Oakley, too mainstream.

Once again, if these weren't essentially a "2.0" or a rehash and were left to stand on their own merit they might go over pretty well.

Edit:
Forgot to add- I wore aviators for years in middle school and into high school before I got my first pair of Oakleys. I actually opted for the 'square' aviator shape from AO though, much more masculine, and much more comfortable without being a douche in aviators.

And Don Draper approves
draperaviators.jpg?w=400

LOL nice touch with Draper. I am going to look at these before I pass final judgement. I was debating on getting the Deviations with the Ruby or the Rossi but I might wait till these come out.

I bought the deviations, but not too impressed. big and clunky, this doesnt look to be any better.
Although im a sucker for +red

Latest Posts

Back