• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Plaintiff Squared Or Crosshair 2012

AusOakley

I should Work at Oakley
Sydney, Australia
I'm stuck on my first purchase of 2013. Plaintiff squared or Crosshair 2012. I know that the crosshairs fit and suit me but haven't tried on the plaintiff squared. My wife says she likes the plaintiff on me,however I don't actually own any. Thoughts anyone? Really itching to get this 1st purchase of 2013. If it helps for those that don't know, I am a female so I have smaller facial features

Cheers

I'd say the crosshair is a little more feminine of the two.

I liked the plaintiff squared a LOT more than the plaintiff, but it's such a light frame it felt kind of weird to wear.

Here's me wearing them in the store, might give you a better idea how they sit on the face.
http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y2...8C-ABB8-44E19F9EF374-725-00000100B1023EEB.jpg
http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y2...24-B03C-F69FBC7B79E9-725-00000100B6856315.jpg

I have an inmate, deviation, and now a crosshair on the way. I plan on picking up the plaintiff squared eventually.

So what other pairs fit you? The Plaintiff Sq. is definitely the bigger of the two. Both are not very sturdy frames though. C5 alloy or some such material that feels light and generic.

I got the Crosshair in today and I'm wishing the titanium frame was within a reasonable price range, or maybe if the frame was just a touch thicker to give it a little better feel.

I recall feeling this about the Plaintiff as well though, it's definitely a shared trait of the current crop of wire frames.

Point being you may not feel they're any sturdier than women's frames. There is a definite styling difference though, and neither frame is supremely "masculine".

I did have 2 pairs of inmate but found the lenses to be a bit big. You're lucky with the prices, here the crosshair 2012 are $219.95. I may end up just getting one of each and if worse comes to worse I can return or trade it off if I don't like it

I have a pair of crosshair 2.0's and to this day cannot figure out why I bought them. I don't know what it is but I don't like them. The "flimsy" factor does play a role

I did have 2 pairs of inmate but found the lenses to be a bit big. You're lucky with the prices, here the crosshair 2012 are $219.95. I may end up just getting one of each and if worse comes to worse I can return or trade it off if I don't like it

Both of these are smaller than the Inmate, but not by a whole lot. The Inmate definitely feels like a big pair, especially since it wraps to your face.

I can take a picture comparing the Crosshair and Inmate if you'd like.

I only looked at the Plaintiff for a minute or so, and the more I look at them in the pic with them on my face I posted above the more the lines of the corners of the orbitals look less appealing.

The only part of the Crosshair frame I don't like is how the nose bridge and brow bar flare outward.

I have to apologize as I thought you were a woman when you said "I am a female" in your original post. Sorry a out that and for recommending the Given to a guy.

With that said. Go with the plaintiff. :)

Latest Posts

Back