• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Plaintiff Squared Vs Deviation

MikeyBee

Oakley Beginner
I have been looking for the right pair of squared sunglasses to buy. I have narrowed it down between the Deviation and the Plaintiff Squared. The issue is, I can't find ANY stores locally that carry the Plaintiff Squared, and I don't know how they will look on me. Can anyone tell me if they are the same size, or if the Plaintiff Squared are bigger/smaller?

If anyone has both pairs, I would love to see a picture of them front-facing side by side. Thanks for any help!

The plaintiff squared and deviation look to be almost the same size.

Plaintiff squared wrap around a little more and the arms are more straight.
The deviation doesn't wrap at all but has curved arms.

Was just staring at them

I tried them on a few weekends ago at my local Vault. I snapped a couple quick pics. Nothing great, but some size comparison. Deviation were snug and the arms required a little flex, the Pl.Sq. went on smooth, and it a lot lighter.

This pair of Deviation were riding a little higher on my face, could be fixed by adjusting the nose pads. A lot flatter fit as mentioned, so they really look wide.

The Sqaured version is definitely the better of the two Plaintiffs, but for some reason they feel too light and the stems way too thin.

4C52A6FB-D8BE-4B3B-A7E9-BDD11E406E21-725-00000100BB8296B2.jpg

26504893-0FF4-4D8C-ABB8-44E19F9EF374-725-00000100B1023EEB.jpg

I tried them on a few weekends ago at my local Vault. I snapped a couple quick pics. Nothing great, but some size comparison. Deviation were snug and the arms required a little flex, the Pl.Sq. went on smooth, and it a lot lighter.

This pair of Deviation were riding a little higher on my face, could be fixed by adjusting the nose pads. A lot flatter fit as mentioned, so they really look wide.

The Sqaured version is definitely the better of the two Plaintiffs, but for some reason they feel too light and the stems way too thin.

4C52A6FB-D8BE-4B3B-A7E9-BDD11E406E21-725-00000100BB8296B2.jpg

26504893-0FF4-4D8C-ABB8-44E19F9EF374-725-00000100B1023EEB.jpg

I'm guessing that the first pair are Deviations, and the second pair are Plaintiff Squared? I like the top bar on the bottom pair better.

From top-bottom: Plaintiff Squared/Deviation/Inmate

I added Inmate to show that Plaintiff Squared is the closest Oakley has done to Inmate.

Thanks! I actually really like the Inmates. The only thing that bothers me about the Deviation (and Plaintiff Squared, I guess) is the top bridge on them. It seems so big and bulky, the Inmate top bridge is very low profile and slim.

Latest Posts

Back