• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Planning Next Mod.

tarheel7734

Oakley Expert
Texas
Well Since my current mod will be completed shortly( Ichiro XX) I am planing my next mod. I was going to do IH xx with plasma frame and custom cut IH lenses. Problem being is the rubber kit will be most improbably to get. So my next question is what do I do for my next mod. I was thinking of a Tarheel set and would probably use Linegear sky blue rubbers and maybe turquoise lenses and get the UNC mascot or Symbol cut in lenses. Not sure how well the lenses will match but there are not a lot of choices for the XX. My second thought is to honor my Army unit and do a 7th SFG set of shades. I would need a red lense and matt frame. Get the SFG crest or my oda engraved in the lenses or both. Another option would be get an omatter frame of some sort custom painted to match. Maybe some sort of camo with lenses to match the crest. I could do a Romeo 1 custom but not too sure about that. Kinda worried about stress fractures as I wear my shades.

Wow, I thought the SFG tab was just a tribute, but since you were actually a Green Beret, I'd just like to say thanks for serving (even though I am from Australia). I know it's not comparable in any way but I am seriously considering joining the Army reserve while I study at uni. the sunglasses idea is a great one, I'd do two pairs; one to wear and one to put away for safe keeping.

Thanks. I am trying to think how to do the SFG glasses. Not sure whether an o matter or x metal. BTW we worked a bit with the Aus SASR in Afghanistan and Iraq. They are some great guys and I believe the world record shot for distance was on of your guys. I have had the Pleasure to work with many of the worlds SOF troops and they are all great guys with proud heritage.
Edit: Current record is a British sniper. But Aus still do their job quite well and are great allies.

I'd go O-matter, something aggressive/tactical looking like the Monster Dog/Straight Jacket/Gascan/Fuel Cell. The Gascan and Fuel Cell have particularly good sized arms for designs and are not too old so you should have your pick of colour combos for the lenses.

Thanks. I am trying to think how to do the SFG glasses. Not sure whether an o matter or x metal. BTW we worked a bit with the Aus SASR in Afghanistan and Iraq. They are some great guys and I believe the world record shot for distance was on of your guys. I have had the Pleasure to work with many of the worlds SOF troops and they are all great guys with proud heritage.
Edit: Current record is a British sniper. But Aus still do their job quite well and are great allies.

Ah yes the SASR "Chicken Stranglers", I would not want to get on their bad side. It would be a dream to serve in such a regiment

Its funny what kind of nick names we get. Your guys are Chicken Stranglers, we are known as Snake Eaters. Its just a funny thing.

Back