• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Planning On Making First Purchase - Advice And Thoughts Welcomed

hey everyone, I was at the Oakley store last night and got to see much more. I am a little disappointed though trying out lenses. It's just not the same looking through them in a store versus outside in the sun. I find it hard. I tried the VR28 Black Iridium Polarized and it was hard to say viewing in the store. The guy that worked there said they were by far his favorite lenses. I really like the Ice Iridium lenses.

As for the frames, I thought (from online research) that the jawbones would be great. I liked how I could take out the lenses and stuff. I tried them on and I felt they looked like goggles. Searched around a bit and found the split jacket, which I really liked.

The two frames I want to get are the Split Jacket and the Crosshair 2.0. The only question for me now is the lenses.

I'd got Split Jacket's with a set of the black iridium as you can't go wrong with these, the other lens is a little tricky as you need to determine what you are going to use them for so again i'd seak the advice on her. Tell us wjat you are wanting to do in them as there are plenty of guy's here that are well informed or look on the Oakley web site at how the different lens tints work in different conditions

Hey Oakleynerd, I've looked at that on their site for quite a while. It's helpful in ways, but one thing is seeing something on the internet and another thing is being outside in the elements experiencing it.

I guess driving is something where I find I'm needing it the most. So that means I'll need at least a persimmon or yellow lens. But other than it is up in the air. I live in Canada, so there's snow on the ground all winter. I do sometimes golf, play tennis and plan to start cycling soon. So I think I'm needing a varying amount of them.

I know split jackets can be switched easily and I can always pick up a lens if I need it. With the Crosshair 2.0's I sort of have to figure something stable for them. Typically it'll be more of a casual pair (barbeques, walking on side walks, etc).

Hope this helps.

That's good. Even though I didn't get the best experience from using the VR28 black iridium in a store, I do trust what I hear on it. Not sure what other kinds of lenses I should consider though.

Cool. Sounds like something I should definitely get. Do you have any other lenses you think are good?

Latest Posts

Back