• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Planning To Trade My Penny With An X Squared (is This A Fair Trade?)

• Thread starter Username Hidden
  • Start date
U

Username Hidden

anyone interested? my penny is complete, box, coin, paperwork and all. its just too small for my face:

pics: ebay = 250948734193

Some people reacted to this post.
Depends if you feel it is a fair trade or not..

I traded a Good condition pair of X Metal XX for a brand new pair of X Squared. both of us got the Coins, boxes, extra nose/temple kit, in fact I had 2 extra sets total of nose bombs/temple shocks for the XX so they got both sets..

in my opinion, we did a fair trade, I got a newer pair still being made, he got a pair he wanted as he is a collector, I really liked my XX but have 2 pair of Juliets and now the X Squared so I am good.. only thing I took a chance on was the lenses in the X Squared, I like them, but will buy another set of lenses for the X squared at some point as well

So, if you think the deal is fair and so does the potential person you are trading with, then yes it is a fair deal

I think it is a fair trade, as long as both parties are happy like -=Jeff=- said. They are both about equal in value. I can't get on ebay from work but what colorway is your penny?

from the eBay auction:
Oakley Penny, X Metal, Black Iridium Lens, 04-131

They are Polished frames, look good in the auction pics

Hmmmm, The Ebay listing shows it sold on 12/17 for $400 plus $11.07 for shipping. Why post this today??? Second thoughts???? If you were going to trade why not just end the listing instead of paying the Ebay fee's?

hello xmetalmaniac, i bought the item for 400 bucks on ebay. it arrived last night and didnt fit too good on me. I wasnt the seller, i was the buyer

$400.00 is a little high if you were the buyer. Most of the X Squared non polarized frames go for $225.00 BNIB.... I see the seller doesn't accept returns, I would try to resell and then buy a pair of XS and put a few bucks in your pocket. Most Polarized XS are running about $260.00 Have you tried the XS on yet???? Are you sure they will fit you?

i know, i think I really jumped the gun there, i just liked the fact that it was complete, rarely do you see the discontinued ones with box, coin, and paperwork, in ebay at least. Worst part of paying 400 is knowing the look silly on you. lol. Thanks so much for the tip! :)
ill try that and see how it goes. I tried XS and they fit good, i have a big face so Penny really just looked like i was wearing a 5 year old boy's glasses. lol

Username Hidden said:
Depends if you feel it is a fair trade or not..

I traded a Good condition pair of X Metal XX for a brand new pair of X Squared. both of us got the Coins, boxes, extra nose/temple kit, in fact I had 2 extra sets total of nose bombs/temple shocks for the XX so they got both sets..

in my opinion, we did a fair trade, I got a newer pair still being made, he got a pair he wanted as he is a collector, I really liked my XX but have 2 pair of Juliets and now the X Squared so I am good.. only thing I took a chance on was the lenses in the X Squared, I like them, but will buy another set of lenses for the X squared at some point as well

So, if you think the deal is fair and so does the potential person you are trading with, then yes it is a fair deal

I was the other party. It's ok to tell the story :)

Glad to know you're still happy, Jeff. I knew you were still iffy on the lenses.

Trading is not about how much you paid or what they're worth. As long as the trading parties feel they got what they both wanted and are happy, then it's fair.

For example, someone could trade a BNIB Romeo 1 for a pair of Monster Dogs. Is it even in terms of value? No. But maybe that person with the Romeo's needs that one last MD to complete his/her collection.

@SpliceD
would be a great (BNIB Romeo 1 for a pair of Monster Dogs) for the guy with the MD's . . .
i have some MD's :cool: