• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Plasma and titanium frame for Juliet

Likes the looks of them? :p
How do you know which ones you like and which ones you don't like without having tried them?

I'm not trying to be facetious; it's just that in my own experience as I collected at least one example of each x-metal frame, some I thought I'd like turns out I didn't, and some I thought I wouldn't like I ended up really liking. R2 is the best example; wasn't too hot on them before I had one, but once I got one it turned out to be an excellent frame, one of my favorites...

Listen....all I have are the XS in carbon black. ALL of my other glasses are Square Wire 2.0s. I have several of them and in different combos...the Ti Square Wire 2.0 being my favorite. I really like the XS glasses that I have, but they are MUCH MUCH heavier than my SWs that I have been used to for over a dozen years. I have seen some people wearing Juliets now that I started paying more attention. It wasn't until I started to look for more lenses and extra frames for my SW 2.0s that I really started to appreciate my X-Metal XS. They really are wonderful glasses, but IMHO...they are just a bit big and heavy for me....probably because I have grown so used to and accustom to the SW 2.0s.

When I wear my XS glasses, I know I have them on. The lenses are amazing looking thru, I have the black polarized lens. So I said to myself, "I wish they made these XS glasses a little more like my SW 2.0s. I got on the Oakley website to see what was currently being offered, and after looking around....I really didn't find much of anything that I liked. I liked the Carbon Blade glasses....and I saw a $500 price tag on them (Ferrari) and said ouch. But, I found a good deal on them NIB for about half the price NIB. So I grabbed them. When I was looking around for other Oakleys, I came across some other glasses on eBay that looked VERY VERY nice. I saw a Penny and said to myself, "wow...those look nice and look a little bit like my SW 2.0s with the spring hinge arms". But when I looked at the price, it was almost $1000! My jaw dropped. It was a NIB X-Metal Penny with ruby lenses (1st gen, box, coin, complete). I really wanted them...but I couldn't justify spending that much money on a pair of glasses......AT FIRST. Oh, and I loved the look of the X-Metal finish far more than my carbon black finish on my XS.

So, I decided I wanted a Penny and began looking around for a pair....especially one with the X-Metal finish that I enjoyed looking at in the pictures. I stumbled across the O-Review site and started doing some research. I also came across this forum when I was looking for lenses for some of my SW 2.0s. Seeing as how I wanted to get a new pair for when driving and when playing sports and being casual....from the ones I looked at, I concluded I like the look of both the Penny and Juliet. I can't find them anywhere and don't know anyone who has a pair for me to look at and try on, so I bought one pair of Pennys, and one pair of Juliets. Like my SW 2.0s, I have them in different color frames and lenses...I would want to do the same with my next pair of glasses. I never liked my XS glasses enough to go out looking for another finish or lenses...even though I have a few lenses coming in the mail because the ones I have have VERY tiny cleaning marks...so I got some more lenses.

Both the Penny and Juliet are in the mail headed my way....and I bought them both from members from this board. They are both X-Metal, and both with ruby lenses. The Penny is a first gen and has a really low serial number...000475, the lens look really red/purple NOT FRuby, and it comes complete with the box, coin, etc. I think I got a really good deal on them seeing as how I have seen them sell for over $1000 in some cases. I also got a great deal on the Juliets....I wasn't sure if I would like the Penny or the Juliet better. But at the great deals that I got them at....I would have NO PROBLEM flipping them for a profit if I wanted to. I will probably end up keeping both. But if I like the Penny better....I will buy more in different color combos, if I like the Juliet better....I will do the same thing. Mostly to match my wardrobe to be honest. When playing sports, hanging in the gym, beach, etc....if I'm not wearing black, I'm wearing red or blue. With that said, I would want a pair with red lenses, a pair with blue lenses, and a pair with black lenses. I'm not one to sit down, take my glasses apart and swap lenses on my glasses every time I am ready to go out. So, when my glasses arrive this week....I will know what to get more of. Since I can't compare them or see them up close....I think I'm playing it right.

When I have to wear a suit, I will stick with my SW 2.0s....but if I'm on my motorcycle or driving a car in my casual clothes or hanging around on the beach....I will wear one of the X-Metal glasses. I have to admit....my XS glasses to offer a lot more coverage from the sun than my SW 2.0 obviously. I will know by the end of the week of I'm a "Penny Guy" or a "Juliet Guy". I think I will be a Penny fan as they look very much like my SW 2.0s and they have spring hinges. But they might be too small...if they are, I will be a Juliet dude. So come Monday, I will know what lenses and frames to look for. I also have some extra lenses coming in the mail....got a set of rubber everything in red for my XS from Linegear....just for a change from the all black I have had for so long. But now I don't even have any of these glasses and I am already addicted!! I spent a crazy amount of money this month on 4 pairs of glasses, and a couple sets of lenses....and I still didn't start getting more frames/lenses of what I like best, because I don't know.....yet. LOL

Listen....all I have are the XS in carbon black. ALL of my other glasses are Square Wire 2.0s. I have several of them and in different combos...the Ti Square Wire 2.0 being my favorite. I really like the XS glasses that I have, but they are MUCH MUCH heavier than my SWs that I have been used to for over a dozen years. I have seen some people wearing Juliets now that I started paying more attention. It wasn't until I started to look for more lenses and extra frames for my SW 2.0s that I really started to appreciate my X-Metal XS. They really are wonderful glasses, but IMHO...they are just a bit big and heavy for me....probably because I have grown so used to and accustom to the SW 2.0s.

When I wear my XS glasses, I know I have them on. The lenses are amazing looking thru, I have the black polarized lens. So I said to myself, "I wish they made these XS glasses a little more like my SW 2.0s. I got on the Oakley website to see what was currently being offered, and after looking around....I really didn't find much of anything that I liked. I liked the Carbon Blade glasses....and I saw a $500 price tag on them (Ferrari) and said ouch. But, I found a good deal on them NIB for about half the price NIB. So I grabbed them. When I was looking around for other Oakleys, I came across some other glasses on eBay that looked VERY VERY nice. I saw a Penny and said to myself, "wow...those look nice and look a little bit like my SW 2.0s with the spring hinge arms". But when I looked at the price, it was almost $1000! My jaw dropped. It was a NIB X-Metal Penny with ruby lenses (1st gen, box, coin, complete). I really wanted them...but I couldn't justify spending that much money on a pair of glasses......AT FIRST. Oh, and I loved the look of the X-Metal finish far more than my carbon black finish on my XS.

So, I decided I wanted a Penny and began looking around for a pair....especially one with the X-Metal finish that I enjoyed looking at in the pictures. I stumbled across the O-Review site and started doing some research. I also came across this forum when I was looking for lenses for some of my SW 2.0s. Seeing as how I wanted to get a new pair for when driving and when playing sports and being casual....from the ones I looked at, I concluded I like the look of both the Penny and Juliet. I can't find them anywhere and don't know anyone who has a pair for me to look at and try on, so I bought one pair of Pennys, and one pair of Juliets. Like my SW 2.0s, I have them in different color frames and lenses...I would want to do the same with my next pair of glasses. I never liked my XS glasses enough to go out looking for another finish or lenses...even though I have a few lenses coming in the mail because the ones I have have VERY tiny cleaning marks...so I got some more lenses.

Both the Penny and Juliet are in the mail headed my way....and I bought them both from members from this board. They are both X-Metal, and both with ruby lenses. The Penny is a first gen and has a really low serial number...000475, the lens look really red/purple NOT FRuby, and it comes complete with the box, coin, etc. I think I got a really good deal on them seeing as how I have seen them sell for over $1000 in some cases. I also got a great deal on the Juliets....I wasn't sure if I would like the Penny or the Juliet better. But at the great deals that I got them at....I would have NO PROBLEM flipping them for a profit if I wanted to. I will probably end up keeping both. But if I like the Penny better....I will buy more in different color combos, if I like the Juliet better....I will do the same thing. Mostly to match my wardrobe to be honest. When playing sports, hanging in the gym, beach, etc....if I'm not wearing black, I'm wearing red or blue. With that said, I would want a pair with red lenses, a pair with blue lenses, and a pair with black lenses. I'm not one to sit down, take my glasses apart and swap lenses on my glasses every time I am ready to go out. So, when my glasses arrive this week....I will know what to get more of. Since I can't compare them or see them up close....I think I'm playing it right.

When I have to wear a suit, I will stick with my SW 2.0s....but if I'm on my motorcycle or driving a car in my casual clothes or hanging around on the beach....I will wear one of the X-Metal glasses. I have to admit....my XS glasses to offer a lot more coverage from the sun than my SW 2.0 obviously. I will know by the end of the week of I'm a "Penny Guy" or a "Juliet Guy". I think I will be a Penny fan as they look very much like my SW 2.0s and they have spring hinges. But they might be too small...if they are, I will be a Juliet dude. So come Monday, I will know what lenses and frames to look for. I also have some extra lenses coming in the mail....got a set of rubber everything in red for my XS from Linegear....just for a change from the all black I have had for so long. But now I don't even have any of these glasses and I am already addicted!! I spent a crazy amount of money this month on 4 pairs of glasses, and a couple sets of lenses....and I still didn't start getting more frames/lenses of what I like best, because I don't know.....yet. LOL

TL;DR lol... j/k... :D

Well that's how a lot of us get started... I once was just a "Juliet Guy", now I have 35 pairs and only 12 of them are Juliets... ;)

TL;DR lol... j/k... :D

Well that's how a lot of us get started... I once was just a "Juliet Guy", now I have 35 pairs and only 12 of them are Juliets... ;)
I have a Juliet...a Penny...and some others too.... I like them....don't wear them but I like them.

Maybe if I get buried if my body survives whatever I put it through I'll be buried in a pair of X-Metals.....this way when they have to open up my coffin centuries later they will be like :shock: when they see me rocking a cool pair of shades. :cool-20:

I have a Juliet...a Penny...and some others too.... I like them....don't wear them but I like them.

Maybe if I get buried if my body survives whatever I put it through I'll be buried in a pair of X-Metals.....this way when they have to open up my coffin centuries later they will be like :shock: when they see me rocking a cool pair of shades. :cool-20:
Got a Penny I can borrow @OakleyFrankFMJ I'm fresh out ;)

Back