• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Plasma bone or not?

Jakeracefox

I should Work at Oakley
Maine
I got these frames a year ago originally they were plasma ice. The reason I’m not quite sure what gen they are is because they don’t have a serial but was told they are bone plasma. I know that gen 3&4 do not have serial numbers. I have also been told some 1&2 gen frames were replaced under warranty and would not have serial numbers. When I got these they did come with a box and coin and it was the old style set up. Now as far as being real or fake I have inspected them all over and everything seems legitimate I even weighed them (42.3g) and they are about the same as my titanium color way (41.6g). Thanks for any help in advance guys!!

C7262608-545F-413A-A64D-441E47CAFD6B.jpeg
6386BB91-A851-4502-B184-4CA5F7E774D3.jpeg
65CF8FE0-112A-4D3E-9CD7-F6448A4EACE1.jpeg
10D2EE10-E6EC-4D54-AEC0-C0CC29E39001.jpeg

I know that gen 3&4 do not have serial numbers.
Note true - may be semantics, lost in translation, but there are a number of 3rd gen Juliets [and other X-Metals] with serial numbers that end in "B's"

I have also been told some 1&2 gen frames were replaced under warranty and would not have serial numbers.
Yep - this happened often

The pics are a bit dark, but they look like Plasma, not 'Bone'.

I've never seen a bone finish that did not have a serial number - they may exist, but I've had a few and they have all been serialized.

On the "serials on bone finish" thing...

1st gen Ti Juliet was very similar to 1st gen Plasma Juliet, just a slightly different color. It's known that the 1st gen Ti had a problem with serial numbers fading - they appear to be unserialed but if you look at them in the right light at the right angle you can see the ghost of the serial. I have a pair like that.

Now I BELIEVE I've also heard about that happening with some 1st gen plasma but I cannot recall for certain. But if so, there can be bone plasmas that appear to be unserialed but actually do have a serial.

But this is not one of them.

Did this plasma come with an old style box? Or maybe it’s not the matching box guy said he had them since a kid and got them as a gift.

Back