• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Plasma bone or not?

That's an older box yes but I think it could have come with gen 1, 2 or 3 juliets. The frame you are showing pictures of has a plasma finish but is not "bone" plasma which is usually associated with gen 1 only.

I happen to have a gen 1 bone plasma/ice frame. Here's a pic. As you can see it's got more of a silver/white(bone) finish to it.

IMG_20180813_134936_1.jpg

Ya I can see the difference now. I just wasn’t sure where I had the older box and coin and no serial numbers.

I asked about that he said they were giving to him like that with that box and he never replaced lenses or did anything but wear them. And they were pretty nasty when I first got them they still need a tune in near future but I did replace the lenses.

That's an older box yes but I think it could have come with gen 1, 2 or 3 juliets. The frame you are showing pictures of has a plasma finish but is not "bone" plasma which is usually associated with gen 1 only.
That box came with 4th gens too, h til the end of production when the 3-piece box came in ready for the 5th gen.

The picture label box would most likely have been used with the first gen release and if there had been a refinish to the frame you would notice the unique surface/casting inconsistencies that came with it.
This will be 100% a 4th gen frame.

Latest Posts

Back