• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Plasma Frustration

RoTors

I am Jim Jannard...
I received a Plasma Juliet a dew days ago. It is the first X-Metal Plasma that I have gotten so far. When I saw pics of other X-Metals in plasma I just didn't like what I saw.

I planned on sending these Juliets to either Xman or Dr. Chop, for a refinish, but something changed when I tried them on for the first time. I actually liked what I saw.

So either one of two things happened, or maybe a little of both. One, ALL of you take crappy pics of the Plasma X-Metals -OR- Two, my face is so dang good looking it makes the Plasma finish look good.;)

So, the frustration sets in when I now realize I have to find a Plasma XX to compliment this Juliet:mad:

pretty straightforward sir, older stuff just looks more raw, unrefined, inconsistent. i personally like it like that, like sculptured pieces, that are all unique. the newer ones are more consistent and durable as they applied knowledge over time in improving the durability of the finish and how it interacted with the environment.

pics were taken in fun for the WOAYWT thread but may show the difference in the xx plasma orbital finish.
ana4ebep.jpg

e2a2yveg.jpg

top one is 2nd gen shiny plasma bottom is rough with casting marks creamy bone/plaster looking with a matte finish

Latest Posts

Back