• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Plasma Ice Juliet

(any new goal for you @kronin323?).

Not a clearly defined one. When my goal was to acquire at least one example of each x-metal frame style, I said that any particular one that suited me, I'd get more; those that didn't would remain the only example. Since then I've gotten a second Mars and Penny, and the R1 & R2 are also good candidates. Though I like the XX, they are just too similar to Juliet, of which I already have 12, yet a bit more expensive. XS doesn't suit me, and half X isn't a comfortable fit.

My display case is reaching a critical mass and there's hints of even more cool new stuff coming out this year (I've already bought two madmen and a radarlock with a couple of different prizm lenses) so I kinda want to sit back and see what the options will be, including for custom cut prizms. And then there's always the unplanned, can't-pass great deals one occasionally stumbles across...

I know one of the established members here will soon be offering a new service for customizations, but I cannot share more info until he decides to officially release it.

Whatever you decide to do, though, my advice is to take your time with it. The fun is really in the pursuit and progress and if you get to the finish line too fast, you risk burning out. I was able to stretch getting an example of each x-metal frame out over almost a full year.

Not a clearly defined one. When my goal was to acquire at least one example of each x-metal frame style, I said that any particular one that suited me, I'd get more; those that didn't would remain the only example. Since then I've gotten a second Mars and Penny, and the R1 & R2 are also good candidates. Though I like the XX, they are just too similar to Juliet, of which I already have 12, yet a bit more expensive. XS doesn't suit me, and half X isn't a comfortable fit.

My display case is reaching a critical mass and there's hints of even more cool new stuff coming out this year (I've already bought two madmen and a radarlock with a couple of different prizm lenses) so I kinda want to sit back and see what the options will be, including for custom cut prizms. And then there's always the unplanned, can't-pass great deals one occasionally stumbles across...

I know one of the established members here will soon be offering a new service for customizations, but I cannot share more info until he decides to officially release it.

Whatever you decide to do, though, my advice is to take your time with it. The fun is really in the pursuit and progress and if you get to the finish line too fast, you risk burning out. I was able to stretch getting an example of each x-metal frame out over almost a full year.
I can feel your pain on the case issue... I really had no plan for the collection before, I just bought what I liked and could get for a great deal. I do like variety, so I ended up with five different Xmetals and decided why not. Lately, I have just been hunting for the deals again and not to repeat (frame/finish combo). I'm afraid if I do set another goal there will be no respite for my wallet!
I do appreciate the advise and have said essentially the same thing . Then I'm looking for lenses and BAM...:headbang: