• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Plasma Juliet And Titanium Penny

Razerwire

And then there was X...
Falls Church, VA
Okay, so I have a plasma Juliet and a Titanium Penny.

I put them next to each other and they look the same.

Were the two types of metal supposed to be clearly different?

What generation Titanium? The later the run/generation of Titanium the closer it is to Plasma. That said, I have a current generation Juliet and a second generation Titanium (both Juliet) and the Titanium is CLEARLY and distinctly darker.

I have seen 2 distinct tones of the plasma juliets..... Consider this the same issue with the ruby lenses. Not all the lots are going to be the same color.

What generation Titanium? The later the run/generation of Titanium the closer it is to Plasma. That said, I have a current generation Juliet and a second generation Titanium (both Juliet) and the Titanium is CLEARLY and distinctly darker.

I have seen 2 distinct tones of the plasma juliets..... Consider this the same issue with the ruby lenses. Not all the lots are going to be the same color.
Not sure what generation the titanium Penny is from. Upon further inspection under more direct light, the plasma on the Juliet looks just a shade darker than the Penny so I guess there still is a difference as far as looks go. Not sure if there's a difference in the make up of the metal though. Is one type of metal supposed to be lighter or sturdier than the other?

What kind of metal is used for plasma anyways?

Not sure what generation the titanium Penny is from. Upon further inspection under more direct light, the plasma on the Juliet looks just a shade darker than the Penny so I guess there still is a difference as far as looks go. Not sure if there's a difference in the make up of the metal though. Is one type of metal supposed to be lighter or sturdier than the other?

What kind of metal is used for plasma anyways?

original "plasma" used to have discolouration problems...if you have a serialed plasma J, there will be letters after the numbers, A to denote later generation.

I don't have a serialized Juliet. Just says 55 O 21 on the left stem.

thats the new gen Juliet Plasma. there was an inbetween as well, after the serials they had blank arms for awhile.

your J is the one you want, that wont discolor. as far as i know, by the time the Pennys came around the titanium (aka plasma) frames were already free from the discoloration problem. i mean, mine are thrashed to **** but theres no discoloration at all! but look at some old plasma Romeo1's and you'll see.. brown stains where it touches your face! (next to nosebridge!)

When did the Juliet stop getting serialized? I want to say I bought mine around 2005 or so.

mine was non serialised, but old stock that i bought in 2009. so cant really help there.. Perhaps around/before 2003 when the penny came out? its about the time they went 'mainstream' cos of the movie and you'd see at least one other pair walking thru the city..

Back