• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Plasma Juliet?

TheWannaBe

Resident Lurker
Premium Member
O Universe
I just got my secondnpair of plasmas today and can't help notice how totally different the finishes are. One is serialized and one isn't... But it's striking the difference.
(The gen two is the lighter of the two)
Thoughts?
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

image.jpg

my serialized gen two looks like the smoother darker one.

the serial list seems to show your lighter one as a first gen. which explains why it looks like the "bone" plasma.

the gen two serials end in an A.

Last edited:
my serialized gen two looks like the smoother darker one.

the serial list seems to show your lighter one as a first gen. which explains why it looks like the "bone" plasma.
Ok this is the second "bone" comment I have. So I guess the first gen plasma look was just unfinished. It was it actually called bone?

No it was not called "bone" that description originated here ,it is more accurate to call it a 1st gen matt finish..

It definitely looks like a Matt finish. Looks badass, it was just so different from my other plasma I wasn't sure if it had been blasted and refinished...

Love that first gen finish! X-man's plasma finish is very similar to the gen 1 finish. I have one gen one plasma Juliet and several of the later gens. The gen 1 is probably my favorite plasma pair...

Even my Gen II plasma is a bit like that compared to my Gen 4.......

Has a much rawer matte finish compared to the smoother, shinier finish found on the later Gen's I really like it though

I think my gen 4 plasma is going to be customized. Might go with a xmetal finish, tio2 finish, might go white frame... Something :)

I prefer first gen bone finish to the later smoother finish, it is especially more striking in the XX Ti02 and 24K finishes. The downside is that the first gen finish is not as durable..

Back