• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Plasma Juliet's

So I just picked up the plasma/fire from CL. Wow never been worn 1st gen with serial! I am driving home, but I think I know what you all mean now about the finish issues? Does it seem to look a bit sloppy on certain parts like not as smooth? To me it looks like a bad paint mark, does that sound about right? I can take pics later. Other than that...very very happy with it. Frame is flawless aside from the sloppy parts, 10/10 lenses, all hinges/nose tight as new, came with the huge 1999 Juliet coin (didn't know they were that big). Also, the fire seems to be a more consistent dark orange with less yellow in it?

Definitely a good pick up!

The old Plasma finish was more like the X-Metal finish in surface texture whereas the new Plasma is more like Polished in surface texture.

Good info! I will post pics as soon as I borrow a camera tomorrow. My phone camera is horribad!

So I just picked up the plasma/fire from CL. Wow never been worn 1st gen with serial! I am driving home, but I think I know what you all mean now about the finish issues? Does it seem to look a bit sloppy on certain parts like not as smooth? To me it looks like a bad paint mark, does that sound about right? I can take pics later. Other than that...very very happy with it. Frame is flawless aside from the sloppy parts, 10/10 lenses, all hinges/nose tight as new, came with the huge 1999 Juliet coin (didn't know they were that big). Also, the fire seems to be a more consistent dark orange with less yellow in it?

sounds like no problems at all! the beauty of a first gen.. the raw finish and deep colored lenses

Latest Posts

Back