• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Buying Plasma pennies

• Thread starter Username Hidden
  • Start date
Just fyi Mark, if you're attempting to match something up, the penny titanium finish did vary quite a bit from frame to frame. I always felt it was more of a plasma colour anyway, quite unlike the romeo and juliet titaniums we know but shades certainly differed.

Some people reacted to this post.
Username Hidden said:
Just fyi Mark, if you're attempting to match something up, the penny titanium finish did vary quite a bit from frame to frame. I always felt it was more of a plasma colour anyway, quite unlike the romeo and juliet titaniums we know but shades certainly differed.
is that due to the darkening/staining from sweat? Or was the factory mint finish actually differed across batches?

I found it was just frame to frame, and even in a new virtually unworn condition, they were obviously different. I've owned many, serialled and unserialled, but they all varied

Ugh.......

Username Hidden said:
Wrong..... I know that I meant. No OEM TI Penny was produced.
You are referring to frame colour yes -

Titanium / Ice & Titanium / VR28 pal ...

wow... someone did a ninja delete on those posts :assassin:

Screenshot_2015-08-04-07-37-38.png

Echoing stu's earlier post, I've found the Penny Ti to look like plasma from other frames. R1 and Juliet, Ti has a slight yellowish hue compared to the whiter plasma. But the Ti Penny I have, and others I've seen, are not yellowish at all; if I didn't know they were called Ti I would have thought they were plasma.