• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Pleasant Surprise

Fresh

I should Work at Oakley
Mexico City
I just came back for a vacation at Cancun, and while I had a sweet time I also had a pleasant surprise seeing that most of the guests staying at my hotel were wearing Oakleys.I was able to see people of all ages wearing different things from all Oakley decades, but sadly no X metals, here is what I remember:

* Family of four: Dad (flaks), mom (eye jackets), teen kids (holbrooks)
* Older couple 60-65: Mr (New Fast Jacket), Mrs (original frogskins)
* Guy in his 30s: Jupiter Carbon Ferrari
* Younger couple (golfers): Radars
* 16 y/o kid: Gascans
* Me: Between frogs and an R1 and a Juliet (gotta represent X Metals!)
EDIT: And an old lady (I'd say near 80 y/o) wearing big tacos and a Shaun White Offshoot, she rocked them both nicely

I also saw several Flaks with middle age guys, 1 carbon shift, a set of straight jackets with flame (I hadn't seen a set in public for a while), and some wires (either whiskers or squares) oh, and a bunch of O shirts. I'll risk it and say that at least 60% of the people in the main pool wore Oakleys while the others had Ray Ban's or Carrera mostly. So for whoever says Oakley is dead, that's far from true, maybe the older stuff we like might not be in fashion right now, but people still love the brand, that's for sure, and this is no way a cry for love for the new things, I'm still not a fan, but just a little reminder that the O brand is here to stay

TL,DR: Oakleys are still dope, at least at the beach :)

Last edited:
I just came back for a vacation at Cancun, and while I had a sweet time I also had a pleasant surprise seeing that most of the guests staying at my hotel were wearing Oakleys.I was able to see people of all ages wearing different things from all Oakley decades, but sadly no X metals, here is what I remember:

* Family of four: Dad (flaks), mom (eye jackets), teen kids (holbrooks)
* Older couple 60-65: Mr (New Fast Jacket), Mrs (original frogskins)
* Guy in his 30s: Jupiter Carbon Ferrari
* Younger couple (golfers): Radars
* 16 y/o kid: Gascans
* Me: Between frogs and an R1 and a Juliet (gotta represent X Metals!)
EDIT: And an old lady (I'd say near 80 y/o) wearing big tacos and a Shaun White Offshoot, she rocked them both nicely

I also saw several Flaks with middle age guys, 1 carbon shift, a set of straight jackets with flame (I hadn't seen a set in public for a while), and some wires (either whiskers or squares) oh, and a bunch of O shirts. I'll risk it and say that at least 60% of the people in the main pool wore Oakleys while the others had Ray Ban's or Carrera mostly. So for whoever says Oakley is dead, that's far from true, maybe the older stuff we like might not be in fashion right now, but people still love the brand, that's for sure, and this is no way a cry for love for the new things, I'm still not a fan, but just a little reminder that the O brand is here to stay

TL,DR: Oakleys are still dope, at least at the beach :)
Wow! Encountering people with Oakley in Cancun, especially a elderly person with Oakley. That's awesome to witness the Old lady got good sense of style.

Haha, every single time I've a family trip. We all try to wear O matters and Hopefully someone would mention me one day in the forum.

Here's the Family Photos, was taken in Japan.
6004-1488508441-d8ef9153dfe45abfb10e2bdee0703bc5.jpg

Encouraging observations.
I'm not surprised there aren't any wires around the pool. How about around the high-rollers craps table?
:smoke:

I wore metals when I went last year, lol. And yes, I even wore them in the pool! Used frogskins when we were out on a boat though. Didn't want to risk a Juliet to the waves...

Wow! Encountering people with Oakley in Cancun, especially a elderly person with Oakley. That's awesome to witness the Old lady got good sense of style.

Haha, every single time I've a family trip. We all try to wear O matters and Hopefully someone would mention me one day in the forum.

Here's the Family Photos, was taken in Japan. View attachment 365129
Those mars are epic!!! Killer photo!

Back