• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Please Help, Ruby Iridium Penny

Adam Wong

Oakley Beginner
Tx
Hello All,

This is my first post here and was just hoping I could get some information. I have three pairs of Oakley X-Metals that have been sitting at my moms house for about 10 yrs now, she gave them to me since they are now moving. First pair is Ducati Juliets, 2nd pair is Ice Iridium Juliets, and third are Ruby Iridium Penny's. Since i no longer have any need for these, I was looking at getting rid of them. Could someone please help me come up with a fair price for these. I am thinking the Juliets are not worthy too much, but I know the Ruby Iridium Penny's could potentially be worth more. I think I read somewhere there are different generation Penny's and i do not know what i have. The serial # is XM000125 but the lenses look more like Fire instead of Ruby. They do have the blue tinting when you look through them though. Unfortunately, I only have the coin for the Ducati Juliets, and I would rate them all in good condition, they just need replacement nose pieces and armbands. Below are a few pics of the collection. Thanks for all the help.

photo.jpg
Serial.jpg

Nice penny's you've got there, The serial is very low indeed. I recently sold a pair of XM000572 and I thought they were the lowest i've seen. The lenses are not the 1st gen ruby for sure though, they do look more like a fire iridium than a ruby. Still, you can expect $500 minimum from the right person I would say just from the frames being so low serialed.

I wish I had those just laying around the folks house. Nice glasses. Those penny's have a really low serial btw. I am sure someone on here will give you a fair evaluation. But I would be interested in your penny's.

We have a value thread where you can ask the values of your sunglasses. Indicate also if they are serialized or not, what it comes with (box, coin etc.) and condition (ear stems loose it tight, nose bridge etc.)

Welcome to the forum and nice pairs you have there.

Extremely low serial on the Penny's. The other 2 pairs still hold value depending on condition, box and coin. That vault is also valuable.

This is my first post here and was just hoping I could get some information. I have three pairs of Oakley X-Metals that have been sitting at my moms house for about 10 yrs now, she gave them to me since they are now moving. First pair is Ducati Juliets, 2nd pair is Ice Iridium Juliets, and third are Ruby Iridium Penny's. Since i no longer have any need for these, I was looking at getting rid of them. Could someone please help me come up with a fair price for these. I am thinking the Juliets are not worthy too much, but I know the Ruby Iridium Penny's could potentially be worth more. I think I read somewhere there are different generation Penny's and i do not know what i have. The serial # is XM000125 but the lenses look more like Fire instead of Ruby. They do have the blue tinting when you look through them though. Unfortunately, I only have the coin for the Ducati Juliets, and I would rate them all in good condition, they just need replacement nose pieces and armbands. Below are a few pics of the collection. Thanks for all the help.

Ebay with a $0.99 starting price.

Latest Posts

Back