• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Please share your experience with multifocal contact lenses

I wear the Alcon Daily 1 multi focal lenses. I have REALLY bad myopia (I'm -9.0 left and -10.0 right) I have max +2.50 for reading. I really like them. I have noticed that as the day wears on, my eyes must get tired as the reading add doesn't work as well as earlier in the day and I use reading glasses again.

Have you investigated getting an implantable contact lens? An acquaintance of mine got them and LOVES them. Not cheap and not covered by insurance, but perhaps since you are getting cornea replacement surgery, it can be added? I'm looking into this as I'm not a candidate for LASIK. Apparently, you can get a multifocal lens implanted.

Here's a link to the place he had his done. Good luck with your surgery - I'm sure you'll be so happy with clearer vision!

Have you investigated getting an implantable contact lens? An acquaintance of mine got them and LOVES them. Not cheap and not covered by insurance, but perhaps since you are getting cornea replacement surgery, it can be added? I'm looking into this as I'm not a candidate for LASIK. Apparently, you can get a multifocal lens implanted.

Here's a link to the place he had his done. Good luck with your surgery - I'm sure you'll be so happy with clearer vision!
Thanks for sharing your experience.
And yes I have heard about implanted lenses.
Not sure if it can be done during the same procedure.
But I will definitely bring that up to learn more about that.

Latest Posts

Back