• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Pokemon GO

Anyone tried out the new appraisal feature?

Screenshot_20160825-233348.png
Screenshot_20160825-233359.png

I saw that story, it was a Japanese Olympian competing in Rio. But if I remember correctly he didn't spent 5K on in-app purchases but rather incurred a 5K cellphone bill because of international roaming charges but still. I'm actually going to Southeast Asia at the end of the year so I'll have to keep this in mind.
You know that you mention it, it was his phone bill due to the game lol I just remember seeing the name of the game and 5K and I was like YIKES!!!

After seeing Vileplume on the Sighting/Nearby list a billion times only for it to never actually appear (which was virtually since this game launched), I finally encountered one just earlier. First ball caught it, too. ~1000cp with Solar Beam.

A weekend of firsts:
Charmeleon; wussy attacks.
Arcanine; found a 700+CP Growlithe right before got the candy I needed
Rapidash; lower CP than my Ponyta but whatevs
Dewgong; similar case compared to the Seel's I have
Primeape; meh
Nidoking;

Haven't been able to explore much and there's never a hotspot for anything where I regularly go. One Polywag/whirl away from a 'wrath.

With the new appraisal, I've sorta been looking into IV's. Priority is getting new Pokemon first,

After seeing Vileplume on the Sighting/Nearby list a billion times only for it to never actually appear (which was virtually since this game launched), I finally encountered one just earlier. First ball caught it, too. ~1000cp with Solar Beam.

A weekend of firsts:
Charmeleon; wussy attacks.
Arcanine; found a 700+CP Growlithe right before got the candy I needed
Rapidash; lower CP than my Ponyta but whatevs
Dewgong; similar case compared to the Seel's I have
Primeape; meh
Nidoking;

Haven't been able to explore much and there's never a hotspot for anything where I regularly go. One Polywag/whirl away from a 'wrath.

With the new appraisal, I've sorta been looking into IV's. Priority is getting new Pokemon first,
I've been waiting on evolves. I am trying to catch what I can in the wild right now. I hold all my evolves until I have a lot especially if I know they will be a Pokédex addition. I will then throw out a lucky egg and then rack up the xp! The most xp I've got with one lucky was 39k. It's a great way to xp grind lvl up.

But right now I'm more about the hunt and Pokédex additions.

Very nice catching and I am trying to find some places near me that have some rare Pokemon spot. There is now a Facebook group for the entire county that I live in so that help finding some good spots. My county is the size of Rd island so it's rather large.

I've been waiting on evolves. I am trying to catch what I can in the wild right now. I hold all my evolves until I have a lot especially if I know they will be a Pokédex addition. I will then throw out a lucky egg and then rack up the xp! The most xp I've got with one lucky was 39k. It's a great way to xp grind lvl up.

But right now I'm more about the hunt and Pokédex additions.

My take on the Lucky Egg farming approach is just do it to a bunch of Pidgeys. Assuming you have enough space in your inventory, collecting like 40-50 of them should be enough to use up the time window most efficiently. They require only 12 candies and common for pretty much anyone.

There's also Weedles but lately those things pointlessly became a chore to catch in my area. But really, just stick to one kinda of Pokemon so you evolve in a straight row.

My take on the Lucky Egg farming approach is just do it to a bunch of Pidgeys. Assuming you have enough space in your inventory, collecting like 40-50 of them should be enough to use up the time window most efficiently. They require only 12 candies and common for pretty much anyone.

There's also Weedles but lately those things pointlessly became a chore to catch in my area. But really, just stick to one kinda of Pokemon so you evolve in a straight row.
Exactly what I do as well throw in some new Pokédex additions as well if possible as this give a lot of xp! The XP game gets crazy from level 20 on up.

Yeah I also transfer all my pidgeys for XP.

Except now I'm at the level where I'm out of eggs and I'm not going to buy another one.

On the brightside, I am only 50k away from becoming level 23!

Back