• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Pol. Blk Pit Boss W/ VR28 Polarized, Piston Bone, Or O Minute Machine W/ Black Face?

Which one(s) should I choose for my own personal xmas gift?

• Troy Lee PB Fuel Cell

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

bigOak

Oakley Beginner
Okay guys, I know this is kinda doesnt fit all the options into this section, but I've got a tough decision coming up this Friday and need some advice.. I get paid (with a bonus) that day and I've already commited to getting an SI Fuel Cell with the Tonal Grey flag ($60, through an army friend) and a plaintiff for my little bro for xmas, but I'm stuck as far as anything else goes. Luxottica is having their employee appreciation sale now through the 26th. This sale allows me to buy restricted eyewear (glasses I cant use my O employee discount on) at half price, such as the Pit Boss ($325 after tax) and Troy Lee PB Fuel Cell ($85 after tax) from any Lux store (excluding all O stores).

However, my vault has in a titanium minute machine with black face and I can get that with employee purchase of around $380, since they arent restricted.

Should I get the Pit Boss and call it a day? (There's a chance that corporate could take it off restriction for only 1 week at the end of Dec. and itd be $130 cheaper). Should I get the limited Troy Lee's for so cheap? Should I grab the Minute Machine? Or should I grab two out of these three? Or maybe should I unleash my O freak and get them all? :blink:

it all depends on your wallet . . .
all three items are awesome dude.
if you can swing it take all three!!

If your wallet can handle it, get all 3.

If you can only pick one, i would get the Pit Boss. I had that one and traded it off. Kinda wish i didn't as that one is a really nice colorway, save for the Tron Ed.

The Troy Lee PB is a really nice frame, but why not use your discount on something that is financially harder to get? You can easily pay full price for the Troy Lee vs paying full price for the Pit Boss.

I do own a Troy lee piston bone and they are very very cool. They are very discrete. The pistons do blend in and give a nice touch. If I could only buy one I would go with the pit boss they are awesome and nothing like them in my oppinion. But of course I voted that you get your o freak on and buy all 3 if you won't take that large of a hit on your wallet.

Thanks for all your input guys. I think I've decided that I'm gonna pass on the Minute Machine and go with both the Troy Lee Piston Bone and the Pit Boss, both at half price (thank you Lux!). The minute machine will always be around. And I can just get that for my birthday. Plus at around $360-370 at emp purchase price, I can still save around $30 by buying the Pit Boss at around $325 with the Luxottica employee price

They released the new restriction list for the holidays and although most everything was off of it, the pit boss and troy lee pb still remained. At that point, I realized that I'll probably never be able to use my full emp discount on the pit boss or troy lee, so I figured why not those two (especially when the lux sale gives me half off on both!!) Will post pics of everything tomorrow if I can!

i'm always up for Oakley sunnies over a watch i'm not a watch wearer. :)

I am with you Yosh. Although, I have two great watches already. I have a Tag Heuer that my wife bought me for a wedding gift and she also bought me a Raymond Weil a couple of years ago. Definitley I would go sunnies over a watch.

tag heuers are super nice watche's, awesome gift. i know they are big in auto racing especially F1 :Dbut yep, sunnies over watch anyday!

Back