• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Polar Ice Juliets

When I called customer service 3-4 weeks ago, the service person first told me they had no polarized in stock. I told them the only lense I wanted was a polarized lense, and can you please check if any are available. He put me on hold for 10 minutes, came back and said good news for you, they actually have some Ice Polarized lenses in some storage facility.

He put the price of $95 for the lenses in my notes on my account. And if I wanted them, to call back and a customer service rep will read the note and be able to get them to me. Also, the same for my wife's Dart lenses. Not available in polarized? Made a note that they are $135 for Black Iridium Polarized lenses on my account so I can call back and get those too.

I think I just got a really good customer service rep that went beyond to help me out.

I just called customer care 10 minutes ago based on what you said, spoke to a really helpful guy named Daniel. Gave him the SKU to the Juliet Ice Polarized lenses (16-827) and had him look them up. He came back and told me that they were unavailable and showing as discontinued. I mentioned your story as a friend called a while back and asked and was told there was some available. He apologized, said that he had no information about anything like that and went on to say that the lenses have notations showing them as discontinued for 'less than one year, but approaching two years. No availability' and that any available stock was long gone by now. He wasn't in any sort of rush to get me off the phone and was extremely apologetic that he couldn't help me.

If I were you I'd call back and verify what you were promised, because it sounds like you were fed something.

Hmm I was afraid of that... My juliets are at Dr. Chops shop getting repolished and new lenses anyways. Never needed to call back and get the lenses directly from Oakley.

If I find time; I'll call Oakley tomorrow and find out the status of "my lenses" and report back.

I have called Oakley in both USA and Canada and there are NO Juliet Ice Polarized lenses for sale.

I tried ordering a set of Juliet Ice Polarized lenses from my O-Store and they are discontinued. It will be very difficult to find a set, at least on a retail level.

Fack. I just scratched my pair and need replacements. Only want polarized ice iridium. No dice over the phone or at my local store. My pleas for help yielded a 25% discount on VR28 polarized, but that is little consolation.

I dunno, I'm so bummed looking at my Juliet's with the vr28's in them. They had another pair of polar ice Juliet's but I didn't feel like forking out four benjis...

Maybe I should just get 'em. Do you think I could sell the Juliet's with fresh vr28 lenses without much of a loss?

I called Oakley directly on 06/05 and asked about Polarized Ice lenses and she said they are "discontinued/no longer in stock". I asked her if they even sold them outright and she told me no; that they were only put in Custom pairs/new orders. Appears that, which seems like the norm, we're all getting different stories from different CS Reps'. I've tired to hunt down this lenses but it's impossible. I'd love to have a pair as I just had Oakley put VR28's in mine because wearing anything other than Polarized is tough for me.

I called Oakley directly on 06/05 and asked about Polarized Ice lenses and she said they are "discontinued/no longer in stock". I asked her if they even sold them outright and she told me no; that they were only put in Custom pairs/new orders. Appears that, which seems like the norm, we're all getting different stories from different CS Reps'. I've tired to hunt down this lenses but it's impossible. I'd love to have a pair as I just had Oakley put VR28's in mine because wearing anything other than Polarized is tough for me.
They aren't bad but they're just not the same... I much prefer the ice. I probably wouldn't have bought mine two months ago if I knew I couldn't get replacement lenses. These are my driving glasses and I wear them everyday driving east on my 50 mile commute to work and west on the way home. Polarized is a must for me.

Back