• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!
This is a shame it does not seem to have happened to any of my older Oakley's pre 2000. I now need to track down a Radarlock XL lens which may be difficult.

This is a shame it does not seem to have happened to any of my older Oakley's pre 2000. I now need to track down a Radarlock XL lens which may be difficult.
Not difficult, stick around and stay a while, there are plenty of people who who could help you out.

And btw, you got lucky none of you pre 2000 lens haven't peeled.

Last edited by a moderator:
This is a common problem with Oakley lenses. Prizm Golf is my favourite prizm lens, but unfortunately it has this problem of lens peeling. I bought two prizm golf lenses for a radar ev frame, which I bought in 2015. All had this problem of lens peeling. I have to buy another one now. Not just golf, prizm trail, road, field (prizm), fire, ruby, positive red, black Iridium lens has this problem of lens peeling. Only lens I think , has a very strong Iridium is the Jade Iridium. I have more than 6 jade lenses, none of them had ever peeled. I love everything about oakley, but they should definitely improve their lens Iridium coating and also AR coating inside, doesn't matter how cool they look from outside or inside.

Aloha and welcome to the forum.

IMG_9109.gif

Hi, I am new to posting on the forum but I have been collecting Oakley's since 91'. Does anyone on here know whether Oakley had a problem with polarised lenses peeling/losing coating 2007-2012? Both my Radarlock XL and Jawbones have this issue but no other lenses have been affected. Both stored and cleaned the same as my other Oakleys.

Same happened to my Atomic Orange Jawbone fire iridium lenses. I was heartbroken when I discovered it.

Back