• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Polarized or non-polarized lens?

But to answer the original poster. I like polarized. Darken everything up lol

When I get lenses that have higher transmission rates (fire, 24K, ruby) , I'll go for the polarized. For darker lenses, it's is a toss up for me.

It helps that the price differential isn't as steep like it used to be.

I like them both and use both. I do not have the same issue with polarized that everyone else does. One disadvantage with polarized which has not been mentioned specifically is it lessens your depth perception. This is why driving is commonly associated with being good with polarized.—similar to double night vision goggles drivers do not need as much depth perception. Activities like running it would be better for non-polarized.

I like the athletics of the etching so i see that as a plus.

When all things are equal such as price, I would choose polarized but I do use both. I’ve started to lately to use non-polarized more often.

Great for driving, fishing and sailing. For everything else non polars are great.

Most modern cars have displays that work fine with polarized glasses. No issues in any of our cars and it removes annoying reflections on the windscreen.

Polarized lenses are just another example of corporate america capitalizing off peoples inability to think for themselves

Non-Polarized are more durable/ less delamination problems over time. More scratch resistant in my opinion.

I had a pair of Ice Iridium lenses non-polar, BEST lens ever in my opinion. They lasted so long u could see the Iridium coating color change about 1/8 of an inch from the frame because I cleaned them so many times,, and it’s hard to get by the interior frame. Yet... still..perfectly clear.

Latest Posts

Back