• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Polarized Or True Digital Lenses

Neopopulas

Oakley Beginner
Hey guys, i've been looking for opinions and suggestions on this for awhile and i finally figured i'd put a little post up since its hard to find much about it.

I've been on a few places to get my hands on a pair of prescription Oakley glasses for awhile, and a few on checking a few sites for cost quotes i've noticed too options that seem to be mutually exclusive. One is the standard polarized option, and the other is the True Digital option. Now since they are prescription lenses in a wrap frame (fuelcell in this case) it makes sense that True Digital is a good idea, even if it is a tiny bit pricey. However, is seems when going for True Digital, Polarized lenses aren't an option, and i couldn't find anything to explain if one is better than the other.

Obviously they are better for different things, but it is not possible to get both True Digital and polarized lenses at the same time, as the main reason I need the glasses in the first place is a lot of time in bright or often direct sunlight means Polarization is important, but so is True Digital - if it is as good as it sounds, as it seems that without it it is likely to get noticeable imperfections at the periphery.

Since I'm not very versed in Oakley systems I thought it best to ask at the source, so to speak.

You most definitely CAN get True Digital and Polarized at once. Not all retailers offer it due to the price issue, but Lenscrafters does ONLY True Digital lenses and they can get a number of lenses Polarized with your prescription. +Red, G30, Black Iridium, Gold Iridium, VR28 Black Iridium can all be done Polarized.

The info might be harder to find online. Hop into a knowledgeable store near you and they should be able to set you up.

Thanks for that. I've been looking online, but i think i'll just end up going in-store and talking to someone in the end anyway, its good to know its possible, and i can still get a general price. I was looking at the Black Iridium, though i'm slightly worried that it will be too dark in the evening, its better to be slightly darker then that not dark enough during the day.

Thanks again!

Latest Posts

Back