• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Polish it up or pitch it out?

I think it's pretty cool. Lots of possibilities. You could polish it, you could let it tarnish to get a real unique look, or even paint if if you don't want the copper look.

Very nice, thanks for sharing

I can see it looking very nice (and LOOKING very expensive) by letting it tarnish, like you said, and then put a nice clear/glossy layer over the top to provide a safe layer of protection against scratching and oxygen to prevent any further oxidation.

It looks like you have enough clearance to have a beer can in front. Or make another spot for a 2nd pair?

I can see it looking very nice (and LOOKING very expensive) by letting it tarnish, like you said, and then put a nice clear/glossy layer over the top to provide a safe layer of protection against scratching and oxygen to prevent any further oxidation.
Now that would be "next level" for sure. Good luck with the project.

If you go the tarnished route it would be interesting to see your results

Happened to see this if you are a fan of "blue"

Blue Patina on Copper

Thanks everybody for the comments and suggestions. I never thought the feedback would be this good. This was just something I came up with while taking a coffee break. Thinking (again, could be trouble) I'm going to make up a couple more and play with different finishes based on the suggestions some of you gave me. It will be interesting to see what I can come up with.

Back