• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Polish Plasma?

Start with a micro mesh kit........i have one and if you wanna play with polishing titanium,id start with this kit.ive seen some dudes polish this stuff into amazingly beautyfull works of art........

This is good to know. I did put an ad up in the exchange for a polished hammer juliet but if I don't get any hits on that I'll be looking to shine my plasma and this mesh kit sounds great!

Last edited:
Start with a micro mesh kit........i have one and if you wanna play with polishing titanium,id start with this kit.ive seen some dudes polish this stuff into amazingly beautyfull works of art........
Do you have any pictures of how that mesh kit turned out?

Polishing a coin is much easier because you're just shining it up; not removing a previous finish. Plus, less nooks and crannies...

Polished Frames | Oakley Forum
Its not that bad, but it is not quick! I ended going back several times for small spots that bothered me (should probably do one more:D), but that was on a XS (orbitals only) which has even more nooks and crannies. I just used a dremel and sanding attachments to remove the finish and start the polish, followed by the polishing wheel then polishing cloth with polishing compound. Just don't go with anything too coarse, slow is good. Also the XS was nice because I could take it apart and put it back together, to get the nose bridge to look good you will most likely have to take it apart, polish and then send it off to put but back together. If you can find a nice pair priced of hammer stems, that may be the way to go...;)

Latest Posts

Back