• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Polished Black Frames

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dudehuman

Oakley Beginner
Hey guys, just received a pair of custom Gascans that had polished black frames, black iridium polarized lenses and a team red "O". I ordered them from the Oakley website and when I took them out of the box the frames were slightly scuffed and scratched in a few places, nothing major at all. I also noticed one of the nose pads was shinier than the other. I wanted to know if this is just the result of manufacturing and if I should just accept the fact that they look worn it and see that as a good thing. Or should I try to clean it up and how should I got about doing that

I got a new pair from Oakley during F&F sale. Shallow Water 5s Squared....they came a little scratched up. The frames, that is. Got them to use, so I kept them. If it were the lenses, I probably would have sent back.
There's a sticky in one of the sub-forums showing how to polish frames. Shouldn't be hard to find.
If you can't handle it...send them back. If you can deal with it....show em off. :)
Congrats?????

I got a new pair from Oakley during F&F sale. Shallow Water 5s Squared....they came a little scratched up. The frames, that is. Got them to use, so I kept them. If it were the lenses, I probably would have sent back.
There's a sticky in one of the sub-forums showing how to polish frames. Shouldn't be hard to find.
If you can't handle it...send them back. If you can deal with it....show em off. :)
Congrats?????
Hey thanks for the response, like I said the scuffs and scratches are nothing serious, not noticeable unless in direct light or if you look closely. The lenses are perfect. What would you do? Clean them or leave them. Do you like the slightly "worn in" look?

I honestly didn't give it a whole lot of thought. Like I said, if it were the lens or scuffed up pretty bad, I'd probably felt it more serious.
I use them for fishing. They are bound to get a scuff sooner or later.
All I can tell you is I didn't polish mine.

Welcome to the forum #2!

Sent from the floor where I just woke up and trying to figure out why my face is covered in blood

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back