• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Polished Carbon XS With Black Iridium Polarized

Jaws12r

Oakley Enthusiast
Recently got hold of a brand new in Box polished carbon with Black Iridium Polarized lenses. The sellers told me not to wear it as it is quite rare to find one brand new... But am feeling very tempted to change the rubbers out (I have a spare set of red Line gear rubber) so guys what do you think ... Should I wear it or put in display .... :(

Last edited by a moderator:
Recently got hold of a brand new in Box polished carbon with BIP lenses. The sellers told me not to wear it as it is quite rare to find one brand new... But am feeling very tempted to change the rubbers out (I have a spare set of red Line gear rubber) so guys what do you think ... Should I wear it or put in display .... :(
Do you think you will ever resell it? That is the question. Great score, enjoy!

Sunglasses are for wearing in sun! As ptownphil asks, will you sell it or is it a keeper? If you keep it, then do as you see fit - a mint XS still has plenty of value.

Recently got hold of a brand new in Box polished carbon with BIP lenses. The sellers told me not to wear it as it is quite rare to find one brand new... But am feeling very tempted to change the rubbers out (I have a spare set of red Line gear rubber) so guys what do you think ... Should I wear it or put in display .... :(
Do both ;)
Put your BNIB on display and keep it as a collectors piece and buy either my XS carbon/BIP or XS Ducati that will be going up for sale when I get home in a couple of weeks. Neither has the box and would be perfect for a daily pair.
That way you keep the value of the BNIB intact and you can enjoy and be guilt free at the same time :)

Last edited:
Do both ;)
Put your BNIB on display and keep it as a collectors piece and buy either my XS carbon/BIP or XS Ducati that will be going up for sale when I get home in a couple of weeks. Neither has the box and would be perfect for a daily pair.
That way you keep the value of the BNIB intact and you can enjoy and be guilt free at the same time :)

That's a great idea !. I will wait for your Ducatis...

I wear all of my glasses. Unless I am 100% sure I got something strictly for resale those babies are going on, I have worn my Pitbosses, exclusive fuel cells, BNIB XS, all of them... If I had carbon Csix that bad bear would be on my face ASAP! Glasses are for wearing ;)

I did the same thing and I don't have the money yet to buy another pair. It bites knowing I have a 10/10 polished carbon that I want to use as my daily pair, but I know if I use it it will bring down the value. My seller told me the same thing, it's rare.
If I don't buy a pair as soon as possible I'm going to break and just use them! They are calling my name.