• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Polished Clear Monster Doggle

grimm

Oakley Enthusiast
USA
A buddy of mine brought this Doggle to me asking if I can find a replacement lenses for it. It was a black fade frame and the paint was peeling everywhere. I told him I might be able to tidy it up for him if he is up to it. I used nail polish remover to remove the paint. I had to rinse it with warm water and soap several times. It did make some areas cloudy. I got my tube of Flitz polish and a clean rag and went to work. All of the cloudy areas got extra treatment and this was the result. What do you guys think?

dd4_zpssko9troc.jpg

dd2_zpsqr9i2hdo.jpg

dd1_zpso9wvxidw.jpg

dd3_zps9g9rvnve.jpg

A buddy of mine brought this Doggle to me asking if I can find a replacement lenses for it. It was a black fade frame and the paint was peeling everywhere. I told him I might be able to tidy it up for him if he is up to it. I used nail polish remover to remove the paint. I had to rinse it with warm water and soap several times. It did make some areas cloudy. I got my tube of Flitz polish and a clean rag and went to work. All of the cloudy areas got extra treatment and this was the result. What do you guys think?

dd4_zpssko9troc.jpg

dd2_zpsqr9i2hdo.jpg

dd1_zpso9wvxidw.jpg

dd3_zps9g9rvnve.jpg
Looks like you did good

Thanks for the kind words fellas. It was like this when I first got it...scratched up and peeling everywhere. I'm just glad I was able to save it somehow. I am thinking of dyeing it coolant/flouro green, my friend is still thinking about it. :) He said he likes it as it is.

dgle.jpg

Latest Posts

Back