• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Polished Frames

haha sounds like its time to PM Dann... and holy crap Oakley-oholic... that is a NICE polishing job there.. you've made the surface perfect! its cleaner than factory polish!

Thanks BriP. It's my OCD showing up. I have been working on re-polishing some hammer stems to that quality and not much success. I think the older X-Metals may be a bit more porous. Its on the back burner now but if I can't get them perfect I think the X-Man can, just not sure what finish I would pick.

Dremel with foam sanding drum to cut off the plasma finish and remove casting marks/pits and then sanding with 220, 400, then 1200 sandpaper. Then using a felt drum with polishing compound and a Dremel to buff off the fine scratches then polishing with Mothers Metal Polish.

I've repeated the process about three times already since I keep finding stuff to fix. It's still a work in progress. Kinda stopped since the new maps for BF3 came out recently.

You play bf3

Lets do it. My gt is my sn if you're on Xbox

I'm sold...by looking at this...it's a masterpiece... :cool: very nice work indeed Oakley-olic

PolishedJuliets.jpg

PolishedJulietDetail.jpg

Back