• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Polished Juliet Custom Lenses (HELP)

Seems like most of yours have a neutral base tint. Do you not like contrast base tints or have you just happened to not get many?

So, what about an answer to my question quoted above?

I ask because I believe one's choice of lens color should be maybe #3 in the list of criteria. Lens color defines what they look like externally, but if you're wearing them you're gonna spend more time looking through them than at them.

So first I'd choose whether I want a neutral or contrast base tint. Then I'd decide what light trans % I want, based on in what sort of light conditions I expect to wear them. For those two criteria, what I have already vs. where there are gaps helps to decide.

Once those are decided, the choice of lens options are narrowed and then it's a matter of what color to pick. IMO.

Realistically, my R1's, XS's, and Juliets are all for my collection. I never wear them, or really ever plan on wearing them. Maybe my XS's once n a blue moon.

OK in that case color would be most important.

A common school of thought here is balance. The flashier the frame, the more modest the lens, and vice-versa. With a middle ground having broad options.

Though I agree with that, I also think there's something to be said for going to the max, match flashy with flashy.

It may be out of date but I was once given this list of BT options:

Ruby, Ruby polar, Violet polar, Violet, Emerald Polar, Chrome, Chrome polar, Jade, 24K polar, BI, BIP, Ice polar, Tungsten, Fire

From that list, I'd say Violet polar, Chrome polar, Jade, and 24K polar are the flashiest. Chrome would be interesting because you'd have a uniform color lens & frame. But (considering I already have Violet polar in polished) from that list I would choose 24K polar - the gold lenses being framed by that polished silver look would rock.

However, there are other potential donors than BT so you're not limited to those options. And really, you could even go (gasp, shudder) with aftermarkets. I've said before, display-only non-wear pairs are the most suitable use for aftermarkets...

I custom cut emerald polar lens for my XS's not too long ago. Although the frame for those was plasma, it would be pretty cool to have my X Metals have uniform lens options.

And of course, being that I work for an O Store, I can aways get more lenses and play around with different looks!

What also may be worth considering is the OEM colorways for polished Juliets. They had the lenses:

Blue
Emerald Slate
Fire / Fire polar
G30
Slate
Clear Ti (good luck finding that one...)
VR28 BI/BIP

From that list, G30 looks pretty awesome. @pjd1234 has a pair of those...

My fave for the polish are blue irids and g26 the apple green as I call it. @kronin323 the g30 I think is the golf lenses although I have a lense of those at one time it has been sold awhile back.

Last edited:
What also may be worth considering is the OEM colorways for polished Juliets. They had the lenses:

Blue
Emerald Slate
Fire / Fire polar
G30
Slate
Clear Ti (good luck finding that one...)
VR28 BI/BIP

From that list, G30 looks pretty awesome. @pjd1234 has a pair of those...
The titanium clears are okay but it's a bit boring in my opinion rather than the titanium etching just cut you a reg clear lens and you have lol, now if its a gold clear lens then we are talking I belive I posted one of those as well gold clears Orem cut from warden frame from 2007 my gosh it has been that long lol.

I say sapphire too! But for wearers im contemplating cutting some prizm daily... I havent found them in non polare yet tho.

Back