• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Polished Juliet Question

MaukaRunner

Oakley Expert
Oahu, Hawaii
I'm just wondering how smooth the finish of the Polished Juliets are. I have a polished X-Squared and it's really smooth without any casting marks. Basically, it looks like a chromed finish.

I've been seeing the pics of the factory polished Juliets for sale on the Exchange and the finish looks nowhere as nice as the XS. The pics seem to show it just being shiny but still can see the casting marks on the finish.

Does anyone have both a polished Juliet and a polished XS? If so can someone post pics comparing them both.

Thanks.

I have both and the finish on my Juliet's is just as nice as the x Sqaured. You may have seen the earlier polished which is not as shiny or smooth as the newer ones are

I have both and the finish on my Juliet's is just as nice as the x Sqaured. You may have seen the earlier polished which is not as shiny or smooth as the newer ones are
Thanks! I'm working on polishing my 1st gen Juliet and the thing is horrible. The plasma coating covers a lot and makes it acceptable but underneath it's pretty bad. Not sure if mine was pitted from corrosion or it's a sand casting but there are a lot of pits which need to be sanded.

I'm shooting for a finish like my XS so I'm going to spend the time to do it right.

Thanks again Oakley Stephen!