• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Polished MM survey

CarGuy

Finally got rid of the default title...
Premium Member
Lifetime Member
There have been several recent discussions on the polished varieties and how to determine authenticity.
All of mine have a small red metallic sticker with a 4 digit serial number on them. While these numbers would on the surface seem to be a serial number, they did not go very high and I believe that they were to be used by the stores as a way of tracking custody- at least at the store level.
They ran maybe to "0020" or "0025".
I'm interested to know if anyone has bought either polished MM and in particular the Black version direct from O stores or online that did not have that small sticker on the top edge of the outer box? Any watch purchased second-hand could have possibly been "contaminated" if you will by combining correct boxes with what could be fake. I mean, similar to what we have seen with knock-off PB's being combined with correct boxes and Elite bags to make a knock-off seem legit.
Thanks!

Not like I wasn't expecting that. Just not expecting friendly fire. Bravo Foxtrot out!
:)
sorry, I could have been more helpful...

well, I take that back, no, no I couldn't have, because I don't know sheet about Oakley Watches (or most Oakley things in general)...

just looking to get through this Monday morning at work, staring out of the window knowing it's a beautiful 63 degrees outside....

There have been several recent discussions on the polished varieties and how to determine authenticity.
All of mine have a small red metallic sticker with a 4 digit serial number on them. While these numbers would on the surface seem to be a serial number, they did not go very high and I believe that they were to be used by the stores as a way of tracking custody- at least at the store level.
I'm interested to know if anyone has bought either polished MM and in particular the Black version direct from O stores or online that did not have that small sticker on the top edge of the outer box? Any watch purchased second-hand could have possibly been "contaminated" if you will by combining correct boxes with what could be fake. I mean, similar to what we have seen with knock-off PB's being combined with correct boxes and Elite bags to make a knock-off seem legit.
Thanks!
Mine have the sticker. :)

Thanks!

My polished blue face MM has red sticker with 0024 at corner edge.

Latest Posts

Back