• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Trading Polished Penny W/ Custom Jade Lenses NIB

• Thread starter Username Hidden
  • Start date
U

Username Hidden

Good morning,

I am looking to move this beautiful polished penny with custom cut jade iridium lenses (by infinite hero, I believe...) and green rubber. As you can see from the pictures the polished finish is still nearly perfect, and the lenses match (no scratches or noticeable cleaning swirls). Comes with matching box, coin, extra rubber parts, paperwork. The box is in very good condition with just some deterioration to the foam occurring. It got about 5 minutes of face-time since I bought it and its just sat on the shelf, therefore its time for someone else to enjoy it.

Now down to brass tax, what I am looking for, preferably a timebomb 1, R1, carbon juliet, but will also consider rare frogs, fuel cells, 1st gen plasma juliet, and/or other x metal offers (may consider other watches as well, but really looking for tb1). I will also note that depending on the item you offer, I may be obliged to tack on some cash on my end, but again depends on the offer. You will notice I have a Olive Saddleback watch also for trade (in Misc. Exchange section) and also have a Trevor Andrews 'Trouble' frogskins with display pop card that I may be willing to move as well. As always, feel free to pm me with any questions and/or offers. Thank you for viewing!

IMG_4633.JPG
IMG_4635.JPG
IMG_4634.JPG
IMG_4636.JPG
IMG_4638.JPG
IMG_4637.JPG
IMG_4632.JPG

Last edited:
Some people reacted to this post.
Yep, the jades were cut by @InfiniteHero, and are perfect. I see the Pennies are making their rounds. Good luck bud!

How is the size, fit and coverage of penny compared to mars?

Thanks GH4AU, yeah I love how these babies look, too bad they don't look the same once they are on my face. And I don't like having any piece I wouldn't wear. But they are beautiful.

As far as fit goes compared to a mars I am not sure as I don't own a mars, but my guess is significantly less coverage. Just a guess though. I have gotten some good offers and assuming no one offers something better (like a tb1) I will bite on a offer at the end of the day. Thanks for everyone's interest.

Username Hidden said:
How is the size, fit and coverage of penny compared to mars?
The Mars frame curves around the face more aggressively than the Penny. The Penny offers a tad bit more peripheral coverage. The Mars has a tad bit more lower coverage, so while looking down you are still seeing through the lenses. The Penny is a more comfortable frame for sure, due to the spring hinges.
Penny...
va2a7ena.jpg

Mars...
ryhubenu.jpg

Last edited:
Thank you kind sir!

Username Hidden said:
The Mars frame curves around the face more aggressively than the Penny. The Penny offers a tad bit more peripheral coverage. The Mars has a tad bit more lower coverage, so while looking down you are still seeing through the lenses. The Penny is a more comfortable frame for sure, due to the spring hinges.
Penny...
va2a7ena.jpg

Mars...
ryhubenu.jpg
Thanks. Spring hinges on penny the same as that of half x?

Username Hidden said:
Thanks. Spring hinges on penny the same as that of half x?

No, they are a different type of hinge. From my understanding they are much more robust than the half x.

Well despite my post in the other thread, these have not moved yet. The trade fell through so these are still up, and I found what I was looking for for sale so reasonable cash offers for this or the saddleback may be considered now.

PM Sent