• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Polished White/Ruby (red Letters), Polished Clear/Violet, Crys Black/+red Available

Status
Not open for further replies.
so mad

How can oakley do this? They said only 3k of each would be made. Whats to stop them from doing this with all the pieces we hunted down and paid dearly for? Considering jumping ship.

What do you mean? That the new pairs are not? or that they were not when they were first rereleasing the frogs?

Atmos if you look on oakley.com, these frogskins are NOT considered "collector" frogskins and fall in the same category as the polished black/rootbeer polarized which are not limited at all. This is why everyone is assuming they are not "limited".

clear w/ violet iridium

The clear w/ violet iridium was originally annouced as a limited edition is the point I am making, which means they could theoretically do this to any pair. I couldn't find it on oakley, but I did find it on several other blogs detailing the release and the limit of 3k per style. I have seen both the clear and the polished whites selling for almost 3 times what they just got rereleased for.

Strange they have a new SKU for the same sunnies. Guess thats how Oakley is getting around the whole "Limited" to 3000. What they dont say is, there will be another pair with a different SKU.

Clever!

I'm actually fine with this. It doesn't cease to amaze me that people will pay upwards of $1000 for cults when they were only $150(?) to begin with. I mean, it's a piece of plastic that cost Oakley pennies to make.

Honestly, the true hardcore collectors will still have their collectors pieces. You'll just have to be more diligent about sku numbers.

Oakleys should be enjoyed by the masses and not the scalpers trying to make a quick buck.

Status
Not open for further replies.