• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Polished White/Ruby (red Letters), Polished Clear/Violet, Crys Black/+red Available

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm actually fine with this. It doesn't cease to amaze me that people will pay upwards of $1000 for cults when they were only $150(?) to begin with. I mean, it's a piece of plastic that cost Oakley pennies to make.

Honestly, the true hardcore collectors will still have their collectors pieces. You'll just have to be more diligent about sku numbers.

Oakleys should be enjoyed by the masses and not the scalpers trying to make a quick buck.

I agree with you completely. Release everything to everyone!

But again we were lied to. These were supposed to be limited editions. I go to huge concerts 100k+ and I love knowing that I am typically going to be the only one wearing some of the more unique frogs i choose. Thats why I pay extra for them because I love them and I know that there are select few that own them. Seeing someone with the same pair at this point is sort of a sign of solidarity and its cool because I know that they have the same passion I do to get those pairs. Seeing everyone with them would have very much the opposite effect. This is not financial in any way I would never sell my clears or my polished whites, but now I may never buy another pair of frogs.

I can see why you're upset, but you said it yourself, "a sign of solidarity... same passion." We all love Oakleys here not only because they're collectible, but more so that they're different. You could start wearing RayBan Wayfarers, but to me, those all look the same.

I honestly think you're over-reacting just a tad. I highly doubt they'll be re-releasing all the old collectible pairs.

Another thing to consider is the fake frogskins that are out there. What if those start popping up everywhere? Are you going to stop wearing the real versions of those colorways too?

I'm actually fine with this. It doesn't cease to amaze me that people will pay upwards of $1000 for cults when they were only $150(?) to begin with. I mean, it's a piece of plastic that cost Oakley pennies to make.

Honestly, the true hardcore collectors will still have their collectors pieces. You'll just have to be more diligent about sku numbers.

Oakleys should be enjoyed by the masses and not the scalpers trying to make a quick buck.

I agree with these also. Like someone previously said, this is good for collectors and bad for scalpers or anyone trying to make profit out of the frog game. Just because they are releasing these in this fashion, it doesn't mean everyone is going to be wearing them.

I personally don't care so much about being a "special snowflake" and I worry more about what I have than what other people have. Just my .02 cents.

I can see why you're upset, but you said it yourself, "a sign of solidarity... same passion." We all love Oakleys here not only because they're collectible, but more so that they're different. You could start wearing RayBan Wayfarers, but to me, those all look the same.

I honestly think you're over-reacting just a tad. I highly doubt they'll be re-releasing all the old collectible pairs.

Another thing to consider is the fake frogskins that are out there. What if those start popping up everywhere? Are you going to stop wearing the real versions of those colorways too?

I honestly thought they'd never re-re-release the pairs they said they were only going to make 3k of but I was clearly wrong about that.

I'm not trying to make money. I spent money on shades that very few people could have...until now.

I love how people are when it comes to this crap. Seriously, the Frogskins market needs a bit of overproduction. What are the chances that you're going to run into someone wearing the exact same glasses as you? That's a 1000 to 1 shot.

The $1000+ Frogskins days need to be over, get off your pedestal and let some people get these at the prices they SHOULD be.

BDS, I think we've all been assuming that these aren't collectors (aka limited production) pieces so you guys will get constant replenishment right?

Status
Not open for further replies.