• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Polished X Metals

PitBoss

I should Work at Oakley
Norway
*****Warning******
This post may be perceived as abrasive to some, but please feel free to voice put me in my place.

so every now and again I look through the exchange sections and even though I'm on a buying freeze right now I still enjoy looking right.
So here is a couple of thoughts that jump at me constantly when I see "Polished" in the heading..

There are polished everything... Polished Juliets, Romeos, XS, XX, Romeo 2, PitBoss 1&2 etc.
I see this stuff and I always find myself thinking- Why would anybody go for polished anything??? Granted I do have a polished PB2 but it was part of a deal I could not pass up.. I would much prefer the matte PB2. The polished one is too understated...
All other finishes look so much better... That's my opinion anyways.

To quote a famous movie "get rid of that nickel chrome plated sissy sh*t."

What's the appeal guys? Educate me please?

Oh and BTW if anyone has a complete PB2 mint.... Hit me up... We can trade :)

*****Warning******
This post may be perceived as abrasive to some, but please feel free to voice put me in my place.

so every now and again I look through the exchange sections and even though I'm on a buying freeze right now I still enjoy looking right.
So here is a couple of thoughts that jump at me constantly when I see "Polished" in the heading..

There are polished everything... Polished Juliets, Romeos, XS, XX, Romeo 2, PitBoss 1&2 etc.
I see this stuff and I always find myself thinking- Why would anybody go for polished anything??? Granted I do have a polished PB2 but it was part of a deal I could not pass up.. I would much prefer the matte PB2. The polished one is too understated...
All other finishes look so much better... That's my opinion anyways.

To quote a famous movie "get rid of that nickel chrome plated sissy sh*t."

What's the appeal guys? Educate me please?

Oh and BTW if anyone has a complete PB2 mint.... Hit me up... We can trade :)
dont you mean over-rated instead of "understated"? correct me if im wrong.

anyway, like you, i prefer matte. i do own "polished everything" (except pb1. still looking) and actually custom polished quite a few frames (r1, xx, etc). although i dont wear them, i have my reasons:
to have a variety of different finishes and they look great in my display especially with the lights on.

lol... Ok yeah... Makes sense I guess.
anyways I would like to see more Oakley/Dillon customs.
that satin lens look is some of the more appealing I've seen in a while

I dig the polished finishes, I like flashy. Probably the same reason I drive a z06 corvette and not a pick up. Just my 2 cents
I like flashy too - I drive an SRT Challenger and my wife also drives an SRT Challenger lol

Basically, it comes down to personal preference...

Sapphire and polished combo is the titties !!!

lol... Ok yeah... Makes sense I guess.
anyways I would like to see more Oakley/Dillon customs.
that satin lens look is some of the more appealing I've seen in a while
Not sure if you saw the pics I posted yesterday :)

Dillon Matte lenses in a Ti02 XX...

I like all kinda of finishes - some work well with different types of lenses and others just don't...

I would never put these lenses in a polished XX, but I'll put them in an XMetal XX (maybe next week ;))

image.jpeg

Latest Posts

Back