• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Polishing Juliet Help

pupusasrock

I should Work at Oakley
USA
So I recently purchased a pair of polished Juliets. I think they are a bit older gen as they are polished, but they don't really have a nice mirror finish to them. I decided that I would try to achieve that so I purchased a polishing kit to use with my Dremel.

Well I just tried to polish the ear-stem with no success. I tried the red polish that came with the dremel kit as well as some "Blue Magic" that I had used previously for a different project. After polishing with a felt wheel I don't really see any difference.

So I was wondering if anyone has any advice on what I need to do to get a nice mirror finish on my Juliets.

just fyi, i was told it was more temp than friction for some polishing rouges. i used the green jewelers rouge from ace hardware (available on amazon too) and kept the polishing wheel warm and got a nice liquid metal shine.

The dremel method is good for turning a non-polished pair into polished. But if they're already polished but have just dulled, try Mother's polish.

I did a review of that stuff in relation to display cases; it'll shine most anything. And another member had the same problem, polished frames that had dulled, and Mother's put them back into the shine...

But it's not a scratch remover.

micromesh 12,000 grit paper under warm soap and water.you can buy a kit on the bay that has from 1500 -12000 grit and comes with a polishing compound and rag