• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Polishing my Romeo

Done. 2 hours with 400-600 wet-dry. Half by hand, half by flap wheel on handheld Dremel.
I wanted a distressed T-800 skull look on the metal. With the brown rubber and lenses, I think it has a cool vintage look.

IMG_20220219_124904243.jpg

IMG_20220219_124523720.jpg

IMG_20220219_124658670.jpg

Done. 2 hours with 400-600 wet-dry. Half by hand, half by flap wheel on handheld Dremel.
I wanted a distressed T-800 skull look on the metal. With the brown rubber and lenses, I think it has a cool vintage look.

View attachment 940818

View attachment 940819

View attachment 940820
Looks great! I’m thinking of trying my hand at it on a XX frame I have coming.

Out of curiosity, anyone know if I can just use polished Juliet stems, so I only have to polish the orbitals and nose bridge? Would they work on a romeo?
That must be it, because she's not attractive.
Lol
Not sure how this got in my quotes, but it’s funny so I’m leaving it

Out of curiosity, anyone know if I can just use polished Juliet stems, so I only have to polish the orbitals and nose bridge? Would they work on a romeo?

Lol

Yes you can use Juliet stems, it's the same as XX

Lol

I suggest you polish the earstems yourself. If you use an already polished stem it would look weird since your freshly polished orbitals would look really shiny and used polished frames wouldn't look as shiny. I have a few polished juliets that will be sent to Larry for repolishing because they aren't as shiny as before

Last edited:
I suggest you polish the earstems yourself. If you use an already polished stem it would look weird since your freshly polished orbitals would look really shiny and used polished frames wouldn't look as shiny. I have a few polished juliets that will be sent to Larry for repolishing because they aren't as shiny as before

Back