• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Poll: Can't Decide Best Frame (Small Turbine Collection)

Ruby w Grey Smoke OR Ruby w Grey Ink?

• Grey Ink

Votes: 2 33.3%
  • Grey Smoke

Votes: 4 66.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

adamsapple19

Oakley Expert
Colorado
So I've been slowly (but lately ramping up) my Turbine collection (Square Interchangeable Icon Model).

I know not everyone digs the Turbines but would appreciate feedback on the color schemes/combos I'm coming up with. Fyi, I'm also color blind (which DOES NOT mean I can't see colors) so I have some degree of difficulty in perceiving some colors the same as most people.

Pics below show the 4 pairs I'm pretty well set on at the moment in terms of color combos. 3 of the 4 don't change in the pics, I feel pretty well set on the lens/frame/icon combo. Those 3 are (from top to bottom):

1) 24K irid pol, Grey Ink Frame, Gold Icon
2)
3) Jade irid pol, Matte Olive Ink Frame, Annodized Green Icon
4) Sapphire irid pol, Matte Grey Ink Frame, Team Blue Icon

What I'm trying to decide right now is whether the #2 (Ruby, ___, Annodized Red Icon) should have the Grey Smoke Frame or Grey Ink frame. Generally speaking, my goal is to find the color combo that allows the most "pop" from the lens/icon combo. Do you think the Ruby combo looks best in the Grey Smoke Frame or the Grey Ink Frame?

Btw, I am open to suggestions/ideas anyone might have (given what is seen in the pics or what I can acquire) or any combos that anyone currently has. Would love to see what some others have in terms of Turbines/unique combos. I pulled the matte olive ink and matte grey ink frames from the Urban Jungle Collection.

First 3 pics show the Rubys in the Grey Smoke frame (from 3 angles). Next 3 pics show the Rubys in the Grey Ink frame (from roughly same 3 angles) - apologies in advance for the background stuff (hats, misc sports stuff, etc).

Please vote!... Looking forward to any additional feedback! Much appreciated!

Rubys/Grey Smoke:
20170421_112150.jpg
20170421_112250.jpg
20170421_112301.jpg

Rubys/Grey Ink:
20170424_165737.jpg
20170424_165802.jpg
20170424_165824.jpg

Nice way to have them easy to grab to wear too

Thanks - Yea I don't have a ton of "horizontal" space to display my Oakleys the way they deserve to be displayed. I also wanted to be able to easily grab the optimal pair for whatever light conditions I was heading out in to. So I put this thing together out of scrap pallet board and dowels, sanded and stained it so it would look half decent. It is quite functional though.

The funny thing is, I built this when I only had 5 pairs..I thought I was future-proofing by adding a 6th slot lol. Now I have 12 pairs and counting. If I build something else it'll prbly also include an area to hold extra lenses, icons, earsocks, etc.

Thanks for the votes/feedback on this guys!

I'm continuing to expand this particular custom collection - just added a Violet irid pair - and will update when it is complete (or at a satisfactory temporary stopping point ;)).