• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

POLL - What to call the new "x-metals"?

What to call the new "x-metals"?

• Total voters
The original programme was known as the X Metal project, which to myself, refers to that specific blending of metals to achieve the final, predominantly Ti, result. It's done and they know it, but are attempting to reconnect to the successful and legendary glasses we know and love, but are simply riding the coat tails of what has gone before. Personally I don't mind at all, as this keeps the memory alive and introduces new followers.

All respect to all opinions here. Can we just add "X-Metal" to the poll? Just for fairness sake in order to represent those who do not wish to refer it by any other name.
As for the X-Metal reserved for those glasses made in the Nevada factory (Questions For Jim Jannard! | Oakley Forum),
it is accurate as Jim state it in one of his post here but I think there was a timeline issue now since there is no Nevada plant anymore.
I did recall Jim also say this : "The balance of brand honesty and business is never easy. I struggled with this for over 30 years, particularly after we went public in 1995.
The world is ever changing and decisions that made sense even 10 years ago may not make sense today. Having said that, I do feel that there is a strong group of people at Oakley that fully understand the spirit of my original vision for the brand and they are doing a good job of balancing the pressures of this ever changing world. I do not make any decisions at Oakley, but I have a great love and respect for those that do. Remember, everything in life changes.-Jim"
(Questions For Jim Jannard! | Page 21 | Oakley Forum)

Again all of the opinion here have my respect, I am only happy the X-Metal line is being continued and I want to be more optimistic with this.

All respect to all opinions here. Can we just add "X-Metal" to the poll? Just for fairness sake in order to represent those who do not wish to refer it by any other name.
As for the X-Metal reserved for those glasses made in the Nevada factory (Questions For Jim Jannard! | Oakley Forum),
it is accurate as Jim state it in one of his post here but I think there was a timeline issue now since there is no Nevada plant anymore.
I did recall Jim also say this : "The balance of brand honesty and business is never easy. I struggled with this for over 30 years, particularly after we went public in 1995.
The world is ever changing and decisions that made sense even 10 years ago may not make sense today. Having said that, I do feel that there is a strong group of people at Oakley that fully understand the spirit of my original vision for the brand and they are doing a good job of balancing the pressures of this ever changing world. I do not make any decisions at Oakley, but I have a great love and respect for those that do. Remember, everything in life changes.-Jim"
(Questions For Jim Jannard! | Page 21 | Oakley Forum)

Again all of the opinion here have my respect, I am only happy the X-Metal line is being continued and I want to be more optimistic with this.

This poll is an old thread that got revived; I'm not adding new options at this point.

But it's completely unofficial; if you want to call the neXt-metals x-metals, you have every right to do so.

Again, this is not to bash or criticize the neXt-metals, merely to differentiate to avoid confusion in reference. With most people here, if you say "x-metal" we think you're talking about the originals.

This poll is an old thread that got revived; I'm not adding new options at this point.

But it's completely unofficial; if you want to call the neXt-metals x-metals, you have every right to do so.

Again, this is not to bash or criticize the neXt-metals, merely to differentiate to avoid confusion in reference. With most people here, if you say "x-metal" we think you're talking about the originals.
Sux when I see someone post all excited they got some new X-metals and it's just a Madman or Badman lol

Back