• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Poll...Would you post ?

Where will you post?

• Worldwide

• Worldwide only to people i know

• Inside usa

• Inside usa only to people i know

• Outside usa only, for members further away

• Collectors dont sell

Results are only viewable after voting.
I hadn't seen this thread. Just voted. I will ship worldwide, but under certain conditions, which vary depending on several things:
  • Country
  • Someone I've dealt with or not
  • Method of payment
  • If it's someone I don't know, or new in OF, does he/she have someone I trust to vouch for him/her
Recently I made a deal with a guy in Philippines, who was relatively new to OF, no feedback, had a US address that didn't match his PP address, but was willing to pay F&F, and we have an OF buddy in common who I trust, and who vouched for him. Deal went very smooth, and I look forward to dealing again

Now, the ones that make me laugh, are those who want the least expensive shipping (USPS 1st class international), which doesn't allow insurance, but still want to pay G&S. To me that conversation is over before it even starts
Maybe they don’t know that USPS 1st class doesn’t include insurance? I certainly don’t hold all the details of various countries’ postal rates in my head.

F&F is literally what it says, sending money to friends and family; if you’re buying something, you should be using G&S. Just takes a bit of conversation rather than shutting it down instantly.

As I said, if they want cheapest shipping, which means no insurance, F&F, or no deal. If they will only pay G&S, no problem, but pay priority mail, fully insured, and declared at full value. I give them the choice.
Perfect seller 👍🏼

I don't shut it down immediately, I do tell them that USPS 1st class doesn't allow insurance, yet, they want to go with that shipping method, which is like 1/4 of what priority would be, but they don't want to pay F&F. I have no problem doing G&S, as long as they pay Priority mail, fully insured, and for the full insurance to apply, the package has to be declared at full real value. Can't have it both ways

Choices are:
  • Cheapest shipping = buyer pays F&F, takes the risk of non insured mail, and gets the benefit of choosing declared value
  • G&S payment = priority mail, fully insured, more expensive, both buyer and seller are protectted, but package is declared at full value. Buyer will have to take care of all import taxes
Fair enough. I always go for full declaration and enough insurance to cover the value. Just in case. Only package that ever went missing was a pair of BNIB IH Juliets but that was through the eBay global shipping program and they made me good - don’t know who ultimately footed the bill but it wasn’t the seller either, their job was done once the package reached the eBay centre at Erlanger.

Fair enough. I always go for full declaration and enough insurance to cover the value. Just in case. Only package that ever went missing was a pair of BNIB IH Juliets but that was through the eBay global shipping program and they made me good - don’t know who ultimately footed the bill but it wasn’t the seller either, their job was done once the package reached the eBay centre at Erlanger.
Thats a hell of a pair to lose!. Epay/paypal must have pots of cash for these cases. My IH julies came from the forum, no issues thankfully.

Thats a hell of a pair to lose!. Epay/paypal must have pots of cash for these cases. My IH julies came from the forum, no issues thankfully.
One of the drawbacks of full disclosure - someone in the delivery chain saw “Sunglasses” and $650 or whatever and thought they’d treat themselves to them 😡

I bought a used pair to wear after that but it wasn’t enough and I had to buy another BNIB pair too!

One of the drawbacks of full disclosure - someone in the delivery chain saw “Sunglasses” and $650 or whatever and thought they’d treat themselves to them 😡

I bought a used pair to wear after that but it wasn’t enough and I had to buy another BNIB pair too!
That is the pitfall even good buyers/sellers cant avoid. And its a ballache, at least everyones covered though. Think my ih pair is the only pair i dont wear. I need a plasma violet daily lol

I don't shut it down immediately, I do tell them that USPS 1st class doesn't allow insurance, yet, they want to go with that shipping method, which is like 1/4 of what priority would be, but they don't want to pay F&F. I have no problem doing G&S, as long as they pay Priority mail, fully insured, and for the full insurance to apply, the package has to be declared at full real value. Can't have it both ways

Choices are:
  • Cheapest shipping = buyer pays F&F, takes the risk of non insured mail, and gets the benefit of choosing declared value
  • G&S payment = priority mail, fully insured, more expensive, both buyer and seller are protectted, but package is declared at full value. Buyer will have to take care of all import taxes
Admittedly I haven't sold Oakleys but I have sold multiple Swiss watches which cost a lot more than any pair of Oakleys. I would not do business with a potential buyer who didn't want a shipment method with full insurance. Having been a buyer too, I wouldn't want that on that end either! The fact that they ere only willing to pay G&S indicates it was, most likely, a scam. I've had one buyer who didn't want a watch I was selling sent with a signature required. That wasn't a risk I was willing to take, but luckily I had another buyer lined up.

I have shipped to all places, Mexico, Brazil, Italy, Germany, Norway. Just have to make clear who's who in resposbility. Once it tracks to the country my responsibility is over, or what ever the agreement is. I have insured for $1000 before. What ever the buyer wants to risk. Knock on @pjd1234 head, I have never lost a shipment. Always a happy customer.

Back