• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Poll...Would you post ?

Where will you post?

• Worldwide

• Worldwide only to people i know

• Inside usa

• Inside usa only to people i know

• Outside usa only, for members further away

• Collectors dont sell

Results are only viewable after voting.
I have shipped to all places, Mexico, Brazil, Italy, Germany, Norway. Just have to make clear who's who in resposbility. Once it tracks to the country my responsibility is over, or what ever the agreement is. I have insured for $1000 before. What ever the buyer wants to risk. Knock on @pjd1234 head, I have never lost a shipment. Always a happy customer.

yeh i did shipped overseas as well, but never insured it because of taxes issues. Usually you can’t insure a 1k item unless you put full amount (usps) unless the buyer wants it, then he pays for it taxes, insurance etc. so far only one was lost worth 300 and i told the buyer to please look out for it and make sure postman delivers it, but he didn’t for some reason and it got lost. I did make it up though on the next deal.

yeh i did shipped overseas as well, but never insured it because of taxes issues. Usually you can’t insure a 1k item unless you put full amount (usps) unless the buyer wants it, then he pays for it taxes, insurance etc. so far only one was lost worth 300 and i told the buyer to please look out for it and make sure postman delivers it, but he didn’t for some reason and it got lost. I did make it up though on the next deal.
Always have stuff coming through customs, so not in the business of under-declaring value - they’d pick up on the fraud soon enough, now everything coming into the UK is assessed for customs duty and VAT rather than taking pot luck. If you’re not prepared to pay the full whack, don’t buy from overseas. 🤷🏻‍♂️ Though I do resent VAT and duty being added to the shipping costs, not just the item price 😡

Always have stuff coming through customs, so not in the business of under-declaring value - they’d pick up on the fraud soon enough, now everything coming into the UK is assessed for customs duty and VAT rather than taking pot luck. If you’re not prepared to pay the full whack, don’t buy from overseas. 🤷🏻‍♂️ Though I do resent VAT and duty being added to the shipping costs, not just the item price 😡

yeh i hear you. I usually put gift 50 bucks 🤣 even though its like 500. But as i said i let the buyer choose so that i am not at fault if it gets lost.

What's the reasoning for VAT and duty being added to the shipping costs too?
Cos UK customs are a rip-off? I think they felt item prices were being hidden in inflated shipping costs, so they rolled the lot into a single total that duties are calculated against. Still see a fair few eBay items with low price but high shipping - that has no advantage for UK sales any more 😔

Cos UK customs are a rip-off? I think they felt item prices were being hidden in inflated shipping costs, so they rolled the lot into a single total that duties are calculated against. Still see a fair few eBay items with low price but high shipping - that has no advantage for UK sales any more 😔
It sounds like a few people ruined it for everyone. That sucks though.

Fair enough. I always go for full declaration and enough insurance to cover the value. Just in case. Only package that ever went missing was a pair of BNIB IH Juliets but that was through the eBay global shipping program and they made me good - don’t know who ultimately footed the bill but it wasn’t the seller either, their job was done once the package reached the eBay centre at Erlanger.
Juliet IH?

Everything in the UK is a Rip off. Probably the most expensive Country in the World to live in now.

Back