• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Pondering about something

There's a large group of folks here that literally see everything that comes through the forums, regardless of which section it's posted in. If you don't get a response it's because no one has anything to add. A couple of tips:

1. Don't bump a thread unless it's in the exchange. You'd be better off just responding to your thread with something like, "Can anyone help? I'm really trying to find some information".

2. Don't create duplicate threads in different sections. As I mentioned above, there are people that will see your post regardless of where it's at. Plastering the same post all over the forum will only lead to people getting annoyed. That won't get you the response you're after.

Just my .02
Is there anything a little more real time? Like a Facebook group? Hell I'll make one if need be

Is there anything a little more real time? Like a Facebook group? Hell I'll make one if need be

Honestly, Frank gave you the best information you're gonna get in his first response to this thread. Also, you bumped this thread at 4:30am (my time) and most people are still sleeping or getting ready for work at that time. I don't know where you're located, but the active membership here is largely U.S.-centric. You need to realize the active times around here and not expect an immediate response outside that time.

Last edited:
Honestly, Frank gave you the best information you're gonna get in his first response to this thread. Also, you bumped this thread at 4:30am (my time) and most people are still sleeping or getting ready for work at that time. I don't know where you're located, but the active membership here is largely U.S.-centric. You need to realize the active times around here and not expect an immediate response during that time.
I'm everywhere usa. Currently new jersey. Most groups I'm in on Facebook are constantly talking maybe dead between 1-3 am est. But no one is telling me how it will hold up and if it will effect value. All that said I'm still attempting to learn how to navigate a forum. Really need a Facebook group so much simpler.

Don't know much about hydro dipping but I know Cerokote should hold pretty well. They use that stuff to coat just about anything.

Value for any custom frame? From what I've seen and read people don't generally like to buy others customs frames unless they are going to customized them as well. Unless it's a limited release or a X metal, the odds of maintaining any value is very slim. Just my 2 cents.

Don't know much about hydro dipping but I know Cerokote should hold pretty well. They use that stuff to coat just about anything.

Value for any custom frame? From what I've seen and read people don't generally like to buy others customs frames unless they are going to customized them as well. Unless it's a limited release or a X metal, the odds of maintaining any value is very slim. Just my 2 cents.
Would crankshafts be worth considering holding value?

Back