• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Pondering On Getting Into Archery...

Sweet looking bow. Seems a bit confusing on how it works from the picture. Has a lot going on.

That one has all the trimmings. There's a skeletal quiver, sight with string peep, counterweight, lanyard/drop strap, string silencers, rest, two string guides, and a loop for the release between two nochs.

Pretty killer setup!

Add a couple limbsavers and get a lot of arrows and tips! Too bad the arrows will cost more than the bow before too long.

Make sure your target/field points are the same weight as your hunting tips so you can match your POA/POI settings.

Is it just for target shooting, or do you have a game in mind for it? What draw weight are you set at?

My bow is set for ~55lbs since I have an elbow injury I'm working through. Hopefully when I get shooting again when it starts warming up in the spring I can get it set back up to ~70lbs.

That one has all the trimmings. There's a skeletal quiver, sight with string peep, counterweight, lanyard/drop strap, string silencers, rest, two string guides, and a loop for the release between two nochs.

Pretty killer setup!

Add a couple limbsavers and get a lot of arrows and tips! Too bad the arrows will cost more than the bow before too long.

Make sure your target/field points are the same weight as your hunting tips so you can match your POA/POI settings.

Is it just for target shooting, or do you have a game in mind for it? What draw weight are you set at?

My bow is set for ~55lbs since I have an elbow injury I'm working through. Hopefully when I get shooting again when it starts warming up in the spring I can get it set back up to ~70lbs.

Yeah i am having some custom arrows being made and cut currently.
I am shooting with it set at 65lbs , and grouping them quite nicely at 30 yards.
I plan on honing the skill for a year with target shooting of course and then next october start deer hunting.
I have my eye set on a nice red dot holographic sight to put on it.

Back