• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Poor man's C-Six? Sure, why not?

xmetal

Oakley Enthusiast
I've had this project on the shelf for a while but am going to see if I can finish it up. I did not have the money years ago to buy a real C-Six, but I did have some carbon fiber laying around so I figured, why not try? This current project, which I call the "Deviate" is a followup to my attempt at reproducing a carbon fiber Juliet, which turned out decent and is a good display piece, but not as wearable as I'd hoped. The target for this new pair is to make a pair I could wear everyday.

The biggest stumbling block I had was finding a proper hinge mechanism, but now that I have a 3D printer I think I can solve that myself, in a rather "bespoke" fashion. ;)

These are hand laid-up in real carbon, which I then hand shaped using a Dremel, hand tools and sandpaper. It still needs further finishing and smoothing and I need to source a good lens shape that I can cut to fit. Hopefully I can engineer an improved hinge next and get this thing together!

Carbon Deviate WIP:
IMG_6336.jpg

Carbon Juliet:
CRW_6160.jpg

I hope you can find a way to make these glasses soon. I am looking forward to seeing a finished product!

Wooow
Those are really great!

Let's see the final version but, to me, you have already done an amazing job :eek:

Back