• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Poor man's C-Six? Sure, why not?

Bro, f#ck a C-6! those look dope! Much more rare being 1/1... Keep it up!! The second pic almost looks like a carbon Juliet

You are correct. My first attempt many years back was the carbon Juliet. It looks great in that pic but is rather rough in real life. My followup pair is meant to be a bit more wearable, refined and usable.

I'm actually 3D printing a first prototype of a hinge concept right now, we'll see what happens. :)

IMG_6351.jpg

were you the guy who did the CF Juliet featured at CarbonFiberGear?

Definitely anxious to see how this turns out with a 3D printer.

were you the guy who did the CF Juliet featured at CarbonFiberGear?

Definitely anxious to see how this turns out with a 3D printer.

Yep, that was me, many moons ago! I forgot that article was on their blog. :) I've been engineering and re-engineering a hinge approach today, 3D printing is just great for these wacky projects that you need to experiment with.

Here is a completely rough, low-res version of a hinge. The carbon arm (which needs filed down to a thinner profile) will slot into this and have an Oakley icon mounted on the side in some fashion. I'll probably taper this into the arm so it's not so squared off. At the moment I'm thinking that I'll drill a mount point into the frame and then use a stainless screw to hold the arm in place. Lots of trial and error ahead, but I'm thinking this will work well.

IMG_6352.jpg

Here is a completely rough, low-res version of a hinge. The carbon arm (which needs filed down to a thinner profile) will slot into this and have an Oakley icon mounted on the side in some fashion. I'll probably taper this into the arm so it's not so squared off. At the moment I'm thinking that I'll drill a mount point into the frame and then use a stainless screw to hold the arm in place. Lots of trial and error ahead, but I'm thinking this will work well.

View attachment 173450

Are you running the ellipse O? Wouldn't want to impose outside ideas, but I'm thinking the square O would be easier to play with because aesthetically it can get away without requiring a recessed section.

I would think that the inclusion of any of these marks would be an issue. Unless you re-use the arms as in V 1.0.
A spot for "any" logo would be appropriate IMHO. ;)

Latest Posts

Back