• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Poor, poor Romeo

96.SVT.COBRA

I should Work at Oakley
Saw these pictures and I felt bad for the lenses. Anyone comment on the nose pad area if that looks normal or if these are a hack pair?

image.jpeg

image.jpg

Most likely needing a complete overhaul I'm guessing including lens and all rubber pieces would be a very safe assumption, correct?

Most likely needing a complete overhaul I'm guessing including lens and all rubber pieces would be a very safe assumption, correct?

Definitely new lenses. The t-shox might be okay but otherwise yes, new rubbers. However, the frame looks good and it can be restored with custom cuts and LG rubbers for under $150, maybe just over for polarized cuts. An OEM rubber kit will be harder to find and more expensive but it can be done, though LG are suitable replacements IMO.

That's assuming the screwheads aren't stripped. Since the trashed lenses are original that's a safe assumption... o_O Just might be a little corroded but nothing a good Wiha couldn't handle.

If you can get them for less than $500 it's a good deal.

Latest Posts

Back